Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Debian lacks PVR plugins package
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While latest XBMC exists in Debian experimental branch, so it's very easy to install it, in latest RC3 PVR plugins are unfortunately separated. PPA for Ubuntu has pvr* packages, but Debian repository doesn't.
Would be nice to know how to install them. Force Debian maintainer to add this package? Compile myself? Download from other repository?
either of those options Wink
I don't know how to contact maintainer.
Is it needed to compile this plugins, our are they just simple python projects?
you need to compile them. I guess using the ubuntu ones that are closest to your debian version should work though. Apart from the cmyth addon, none have any dependencies.
Can you recommend some article about how to compile addons? Should I download full xbmc sources or is there repository for pvr addons only?
Edit: ok I have found it on github
Two seconds of googling would have found you this: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons

The readme contains compilation instructions, basically it boils down to:

./configure
make -jX where X is the amount of cores you have
make zip
copy relevant ZIP files from the addons somewhere and install in XBMC.
Thank you, I did download full sources of xbmc only to read where the repository of addons is...
It's pity pvr package isn't in debian repository, hopefully then final versions will be present.
I believe the pvr packages are nowvin debian (read it on this forum somewhere)
I didn't find them, anyway there is need to compile VDR plugin too because repos has very old version with unsupported protocol version.
I compiled both, VDR and xbmc plugin and it works great.