Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Resolved] Is my laptop video card sufficient for optimal experience?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I have XBMC Frodo setup on an HP G70-250US laptop that is connected to an HDTV via HDMI and the TV is connected to a receiver via optical audio cable. My setup is experiencing the same no sound and choppy video described by many in the forum when playing HD video. I've updated drivers and bios on the laptop.

The laptop has the following Intel Video chipset. Is that sufficient to get me HD playback and 5.1 sound? If not, is there an external video card I can use to achieve optimal audio and video?

Specs:
Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Intel® High Definition Audio HDMI

Thank you.

Edit:

Took a clue from another post and disabled AC3 capability from Audio Settings. No more stuttering!
Welcome to forums

I apprecciate you are asking a question but without more information it is impossible to help.

Tell us about the following:

What video card that is?

What OS is XBMC running?

You haven't pastebin a debug.log

Post what XBMC video settings you have in a screenshot which would be helpful.

Essentially if you want some sort of answer you going to have to post all of those at least.

uNi
Thanks for the thoughtful response and directions uNiversal!

Here's the pastebin and more info:

http://pastebin.com/HqvruDQF

Running Frodo R3 on HP Laptop G70-250US
Windows 7/64bit, Pentium Dual Core T4200 2.00GHz
3 GB RAM
Video: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family v. 8.15.10.2869
Sound: Intel High Definition Sudio HDMI v. 6.10.2089

Intel Management Engine Interface driver not install. Can't find it for my Laptop HP G70-250US so I only see two speakers under Windows Playback device.

Any help to get optimal audio/video would be appreciated or info on an external laptop video card that works,

Thanks.
I have the same video chipset on my old work computer that I am now using for an XBMC machine. It plays 1080p fine and also the PVR 1080p content as well, the only difference thou is the cpu which is a Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz.

Hopefully someone can understand the problem by looking at your log file.