Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live TV playing by default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've searched for an answer to this and can't quite find anything that's right. Not sure if there's a skin that will do what I want, or whether there's a combination of options that I haven't hit on just yet, or if there's a plugin that will do it etc etc

I would like to have Live TV as the default activity of xbmc, turning into a bit more of a set top box than an htpc. I use (and love) Aeon Nox at the moment, and I feel like it's getting me close to what I want, but I can't figure it out just yet.

What I would want is that XBMC would start up with Live TV playing full screen (on the last channel watched) and from there you would be able to channel up, channel down, access the epg etc like normal.

From there, I'd like to be able to press a button (Home or Menu) and get the home screen menu with Live TV continuing in the background. (This currently happens with TV when it is "Now Playing")

From there, I could choose to play music, Movie, shows etc, but as soon as I finish playing my chosen media, it would go back to Live TV in fullscreen with the above controls.

So really, just like a cable box or standalone pvr.

As it stands, my xbmc starts up in the Live TV window, with the channel list. I have to click on the channel to open it up into full screen. I can then click "escape" and go to the menu situation that I described above, but when I finish the media I'm watching, it goes back to the standard home menu.

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Thanks

Current setup: Windows 7 with Frodo RC3 (Aeon Nox 4.0) using Media Portal as TV backend.
look in the options under live tv: there is an option to start live tv in fullscreen at last watched channel.