Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple libraries to segment content - how to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for the really newbie question but I need to set up some libraries )not sure it matches XBMC definition of libraries):
Kids
Anime
Movies

I'm using AEON Nox and I would like to have a menu for each library to show the movies.

Same goes with the TV shows.

Is there any way to do it?

Note that on disk the content is already segmented in this way.

M
you are not alone
Profiles: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=profiles

1) Set up your SMB's. Move the content where it makes grouped sense.

I use the directory structure: Public/videos/films ... Public/videos/xmas ... etc... Set it up also for corresponding TV and music subdirectories as well.

2) Set up MySQL to manage your DB's

3) Then use profiles for that content. Each profile will be mapped to a different DB in MySQL... and you can point those profiles to different source info using your advancedsettings.xml file.

Then you only have to manage your data from one XBMC, and all the others work automagically once you define the profiles on them.
this is great. But can I have 2 main menu items for my account?
kids - parents?

for example?
(2013-01-14, 20:04)mfsav2 Wrote: [ -> ]this is great. But can I have 2 main menu items for my account?
kids - parents?

for example?

You use this
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes

or split them into two smartplaylists and assign to a menu
Martijn,
thank you for your help but is not exactly what I need to do.

I've created two libraries, Kids, Movies
if I enter in Film or Movies section of the menu I see the content from BOTH libraries.

Can I restrict a menu item to show me only ONE library?

Also using the custom video nodes or smart playlist does not work because in my case I wanted to create a kids profile and remove the other main button.

Can you help me more ?
M
Yes you can restict movies to smartplaylists as well
hemmm.... how Smile
(I'm a real newbie)...

I've found the wiki to create the playlist... the question is how to bind a button to it.