Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo manage movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
XBMC frodo; there is still no good way to manage movies. Children's movies, old movies, etc. With full library support with fanart, artwork etc. Just like plex media server. That is the only thing I want, I am still waitingSad

Yes there is.
See wiki "custom video nodes"
That is what I mean, still not easy. I want a menu name equal to the directory name. With the support of fanart etc.
That does not work with me. Fanart Images etc. Are not shown
I use Frodo rc3 with a Mac mini (2012) last version MacOs
Joined 23 months ago, 8 posts and posted this in the wrong section. I would be a mercyless moderator... Tongue

If you put the genre in the nfo files wouldn't this be pretty easy to accomplish what you are looking for?
(2013-01-14, 19:49)sling Wrote: [ -> ]That is what I mean, still not easy. I want a menu name equal to the directory name. With the support of fanart etc.
That does not work with me. Fanart Images etc. Are not shown
I use Frodo rc3 with a Mac mini (2012) last version MacOs

Guess you have to wait some more then
I use vimediamanager and I use eaon nox. What I like is that each folder can be indexed separately. Now all the movies are thrown in one library that is with lots of movies very clumsy. It seems a small problem. Many users ask a for It. Why not make it? I sall wait
Playlists are a wonderful thing, especially when placed on the main menu. Call them what you want, include what content you want all complete with all art.
Funny all those comments. I have tried everything nothing works for me. If someone actually knows how to put it together than tell me thanks in advance. Playlist I get them not working.
(2013-01-14, 20:34)Nu7s Wrote: [ -> ]Joined 23 months ago, 8 posts and posted this in the wrong section. I would be a mercyless moderator... Tongue

Sorry blijft een hollander Blush

If you put the genre in the nfo files wouldn't this be pretty easy to accomplish what you are looking for?

Use a skin that supports custom home items, like Transparency. I have home screen buttons for Anime, Movies, TV shows, and movies and TV shows filter out the anime, but everything has library data. Basically, normal Movies and TV shows buttons are hidden, and there are three smart playlists: Anime (scraped as TV shows), Movies, TV shows - anime.

EDIT: wait, Movies is still using normal movies, but you get the idea.
Make a playlist called "Anime", give it a rule that says path contains \\server\movies\anime, repeat for all your folders. Obviously replace the server bit with whatever holds your media. Add playlists to main menu on skins that support it like Aeon Nox.

It's not as easy as you'd like (or expect to be honest) but it's not that difficult.

I use the same setup and it works fine, incl fanart.
Thanks for all the good advice, but...I get it not working.
The playlist I created in menu video xbmc:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Bekeken</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="is">
<value>/Volumes/Airport network/Backup Films/</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>

The playlist added to main menu but it remains empty. I use Aeon Nox
All movies are shown in movie menu.

BTW the xsp file is saved in the directory /XBMC/userdata/playlists/video
I work with MacOS mountain Lion
<rule field="path" operator="is"> -> <rule field="path" operator="startswith"> or <rule field="path" operator="contains">
I make the file as follows:

<name>Bekeken</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="startswith">
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

But it's not working

and I make this one
<name>Bekeken</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

and IT IS WORKING Does exactly what i want. Martijn Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!

That means that xvmc not the right playlist generated.
Must therefore be adjusted manually. Is this a Bug in Frodo RC3??
What Martijn meant was change your original <rule field="path" operator="is"> line to either one of <rule field="path" operator="startswith"> or <rule field="path" operator="contains">.

The whole path will contain more than just the directory as it will also contain the filename, hence the need to use "startswith" or "contains" rather than "is".
Pages: 1 2