Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC slowdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there have been multiple posts about XBMC slowing down on Ubuntu (Since I have searched for them), but none that I found seemed to be all that helpful for me.

First, my system specs.

Acer AspireOne D270
RAM: 1gb
Processor: Intel Atom N2600 @ 1.60GHz x 4
Graphics: Intel Media Accelerator 3650 (details for Ubuntu says "VESA: Intel xx Graphics)

Now, since I don't want to bore you all with a long drawn out explanation of what's going on, I'll simply state that I'm trying to turn this netbook (with a broken screen) into a dedicated media center device for my home, that's also easily portable. But right now it's proving to be a no go since it's being pretty sluggish in terms of the UI (I have not yet tested video playback, but that's mostly pointless if I cannot resolve this other issue). If anyone wants or needs a more detailed explanation I'll be happy to oblige, but for now I'll leave it right here.

PS. It ran pretty well on windows 7 starter before I installed Ubuntu (and tried xbmcbuntu-11.0 first, but it was FAR worse because it went to software rendering and I had no idea how to install the proper driver lol... Linux newbie in the house!).