Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media flags not resolved until playing media
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks,

I am using a Xios DS and experience the following problem: when adding new video to my media library the files get scanned and fanart, description, rating etc is resolved correctly along with the title. But no media flags (resolution, audio format etc) get added immediately. These are added once I started playback the corresponding file.
I checked the configuration and "extract thumbnails and video information" is enabled.

Anyone can explain this behavior or better tell me what kind of settings has to be changed to add all the meta information automatically without to start playback?

So far,
yaan

EDIT:
some, perhaps important information, I forgot:
- I am using the latest Linux build from Pivos
- the video data is accessed via NFS
If these are .iso files this is normal
No, the files are mainly MKV containing h264 video along with Dolby or DTS.
Today I tested scanning media which is not accessed via NFS but directly connected to one of the Xios' USB ports: in this case the media flags were directly added to the database. So, somehow the Xios build does not seem to resolve the meta information when using NFS.

As I do not experience this behaviour on my iPad (using latest Frodo RC) I think I will address this issue to Pivos...

(but: in case any1 can help me out - don't hesitate Wink)

So far,
yaan
I noticed this with a couple of files h264 with dts stream and h264 with ac3 stream in mkv, but then it went away (on Linux ION HTPC) no flags at all (resolution/audio/pixelratio) only two files literally and once the files were played for one second the flags were displayed immediately.

The files were in NFS share Wink

The only flags which currently have some issues is the green/blue HD/SD flags which dont show up immediatly when brosing into a source and only show up if you take focus to say scrollbar or side menu. I havent really looked into this much though, but that last has been present since beta2

uNi
I'm getting the same problem when the source is added as an FTP source. I do not get it using SMB.

FTP, not working: http://pastebin.com/1KhWXDYe
SMB, working: http://pastebin.com/HN1QnK68

In the SMB case it starts opening up files and getting the media flags as soon as I enter the "Movies" list.
For FTP it just sits there doing nothing.

Very annoying Sad

EDIT: These are MKV files, not iso images.