Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Confused - New background texture code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I'm playing around with the latest build of XBMC and confluence and cant seem to figure something out.

In the old version of confluence the below was used to display a background image for a given section in the include CommonVideoBackground, CommonMusicBackground, CommonPictureBackground this allows me to set a background to be each area be it videos, music or pictures.
Code:
        <control type="multiimage">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <imagepath fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/insert-desired-image-here.jpg" background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Video_Folder)]</imagepath>
            <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <fadetime>1000</fadetime>
        </control>

In the new version of confluence the below is used instead, is it meant to do the same as the old as I cant seem to get my head around it?

At the moment all it displays is the default background when no item is selected to show fan art no matter waht im in, tvshows, movies, pictures, addons.

Code:
        <control type="image">
            <description>Normal Default Background Image</description>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
            <texture background="true">$INFO[Skin.CurrentTheme,special://skin/backgrounds/,.jpg]</texture>
            <visible>![Skin.HasSetting(UseCustomBackground) + !IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomBackgroundPath))]</visible>
            <include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
        </control>

I hope this makes sense, do I need to revert back to the old way to achieve what I'm after?

Thanks in advance, still a new but learnt loads :-)
Did you figure this out? i'm trying to add some different background options to my confluence skin mod.
Yes, you'll need to convert it to the old one. New confluence has a single image.