Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any way to mark things Watched for multiple users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my wife and I watch some of the same TV Shows. However, we watch them at different times. Is there any way that we can somehow flag things to know whether I watched a show or she watched a show?

I see there are options to log into XBMC with different profiles which might work, but are there any settings or add-ons or anything that can simply give a Watched By option that I could setup names or colors or numbers or something to differentiate between them?

If not, will Profiles work for this then? If I load up my profile it will keep track of what I watched, and if she load sup her profile, it keeps track of what she watched?

Thanks for any ideas, advice, etc.
I don't know of a way to do it other than profiles, but there may be, I'm just not sure.

Profiles will work though. It will keep your watched statuses separate.

Profiles is the way to go.
yeah but what if me and wife watch something together? how do i mark it watched in her profile if we watch it in mine?

perhaps we have to watch it twice. given the speed of dialogue in some movies, and the mumbling of the actors, and incipient old age, that might just be the solution!
(2013-01-15, 08:49)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]yeah but what if me and wife watch something together? how do i mark it watched in her profile if we watch it in mine?

perhaps we have to watch it twice. given the speed of dialogue in some movies, and the mumbling of the actors, and incipient old age, that might just be the solution!

Pretty sure you can manually mark things as Watched from the context menu. SO you could just switch profiles and do that.

I'd only use this for TV Shows since with movies I'd watch things multiple times.
I was being tongue in cheek, but checking into the other profile and marking it watched is a pain and counter intuitive.
http://trakt.tv

Add the XBMC add-on and the person not logged in can use their smart phone or web browser to mark it as watched. Also great for when you're watching something outside of XBMC and want to mark it as watched there. Syncs with XBMC, works as a great backup for watched status, etc.
I just joined trakt. Always wary of "social media" type sites/apps, but this looks interesting. Cheers.