Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 5 years of video pulled a casper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been an avid user of XBMC for some time now and have always appreciated the efforts of this and other open source projects. Through this period, I've never had an issue with the different versions of xbmc and have it installed on nexus, and phone. This sentiment changed today. After reading the many comments on the forum, I made the decision to update to FrodoHuh

After making the changes and adding my sources, I noticed my tv series were not being listed properly, so I chose to remove the source...NOT delete, just remove, and re-add in attempt to correct. I've done this many times in the past with no issues, but now my series are gone. Not just gone from xbmc...BUT GONE like gone with the wind. I'm freaking nauseous. 10 shows with years of episodes just up and dissappeared and I cannot locate any of them. I've checked my garbage and ran multiple searches.

I'v also searched the forum for assistance having gone back 5 yeas of post with no solution. I would appreciate any help

SadSadSad
What steps did you take to 'remove the source' exactly?
You clicked away the prompt where it asks you if the media should be deleted by any chance? (this popsup if media deletion is allowed in settings).
(2013-01-15, 11:46)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]What steps did you take to 'remove the source' exactly?

I right clicked video tab, selected remove source, selected yes to are you sure, selected no to delete and that was it. I followed same process for each series or source removed.
(2013-01-15, 12:46)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]You clicked away the prompt where it asks you if the media should be deleted by any chance? (this popsup if media deletion is allowed in settings).

I clicked no when prompted with delete source. I was careful with each source / series
You have the xbmc.log from that session by any means?
(2013-01-16, 12:11)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]You have the xbmc.log from that session by any means?

Providing xbmc.logs would be SOP, but unfotunately I was so upset, I immediately uninstalled Frodo, wiped all existence of if it with ccleaner, reinstalled previous version. I usually keep a back-up and will check tonight once home. I appreciate your assistance
Just run file recovery, as long as you havent changed too much then they will all be there waiting to be discovered and brought back from the grave.