Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC + K700 keyb = black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whenever I use XBMC with K700 Keyboard, XBMC is stuck on pre-splash (black image). Ejecting USB BT receiver is enough to unfreeze it, but unfortunately disabling hal and udev in xbmc configure while building isn't enough. Should I peek into USB peripheral code, any suggestions?

What is interesting is that I have RC11 Android keyboard (http://goo.gl/dOzBF) which works OOB, but unfortunately with K700 XBMC won't start unless I plug receiver out -- and when it starts, plugging receiver back doesn't hang XBMC until exiting (when unplug/replug is needed again).

I was thinking to start working on this, judging from the code primarily it would make sense to start with AndroidMouse.cpp. Any hints? Browsing through Pivos' forums I've noticed it's quite common problem...

EDIT: I've narrowed down the issue to receiver being USB 1.11 device and exposing three devices (keyboard, mouse and one plain hiddev which is neither keyboard or mouse). I was thinking on blacklisting it seeing if this helps..
disable libusb on compilation
Hi Memphiz -- will do ASAP and report back. Thank you!
Hi Memphiz,

I've disabled libusb and did #undef HAVE_PERIPHERAL_BUS_USB in xbmc/peripherals/bus/PeripheralBusUSB.h under defined(TARGET_ANDROID) and it works! Thanks again a bunch. I'm adding a unified diff so that other people patch it easily for their Androids:

diff --git a/tools/android/depends/xbmc/Makefile b/tools/android/depends/xbmc/Makefile
index 986b198..9ee047c 100644
--- a/tools/android/depends/xbmc/Makefile
+++ b/tools/android/depends/xbmc/Makefile
@@ -17,7 +17,8 @@ export CFLAGS+=-O3
# configuration settings
CONFIGURE=cp -f $(CONFIG_SUB) $(CONFIG_GUESS) build-aux/ ;\
./configure --prefix=$(PREFIX) --host=$(HOST) \
- --enable-neon --enable-gles --enable-debug \
+ --disable-libusb \
+ --enable-neon --enable-gles --disable-debug \
--disable-sdl --disable-x11 --disable-xrandr \
--disable-optical-drive --disable-joystick \
--enable-shared-lib --disable-alsa \
diff --git a/xbmc/peripherals/bus/PeripheralBusUSB.h b/xbmc/peripherals/bus/PeripheralBusUSB.h
index 4028638..678d8ae 100644
--- a/xbmc/peripherals/bus/PeripheralBusUSB.h
+++ b/xbmc/peripherals/bus/PeripheralBusUSB.h
@@ -35,6 +35,6 @@
#define HAVE_PERIPHERAL_BUS_USB 1
#include "osx/PeripheralBusUSB.h"
#elif defined(TARGET_ANDROID)
-#define HAVE_PERIPHERAL_BUS_USB 1
+#undef HAVE_PERIPHERAL_BUS_USB
#include "linux/PeripheralBusUSBLibUSB.h"
#endif

Disabling USB and debug speeded Android XBMC startup by a second or two compared "normal" startups.
I think my trouble with xbmc may be related to adding the K700 to the mix. can you walk me through how to do the patch on my smart stick neon HDMI android device? (rooted)

EDIT- I pulled the receiver and confirmed this is the source of my issues (makes me think I want to install the final frodo to see if there are improvements I missed). It also makes me really interested in how to do the patch as the k700 does a MUCH better job than either google tv remote or able once XBMC is running.
The problem is not really with libusb, the problem is with your android firmware. The USB devices are being setup wrong.

Try this one

XBMC xbmc-midnight-100912 (works with USB)
h**p://www.4shared.com/file/OoblVWWJ/xbmc-midnight-100912.html
This problem seems to be isolated to non-Pivos AmLogic based hardware under Android, The ICS/JB firmware is setting up the USB devices wrong. By using HAVE_PERIPHERAL_BUS_USB disables, you will cripple XBMC with respect to USB devices Smile

Contact your hardware box vendor and have them fix the real issue.
@davilla: Can you be more specific in regards to kernel config or udev rules, what's being setupped wrong? Being able to access Amlogic dev tree, I can confirm that non-Pivos boxes have mostly identical m1/m3 defconfig, so I guess you're pointing out in direction of that defconfig as being incorrect or I have completely misread your post?
turn off CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV
dkorunic & davilla, you guys are talking WAY over my head. I have no idea how to fix my freezing issue with the USB dongle attached.

I have been sharing your advice and statements on the favi forum, http://favi.biz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9&start=10

but at this point I still don't really have an answer. I am getting confused as to whether this is an XBMC or android issue, since on the favi forum they are stating that the final frodo release fixes the issue (which I have on my smart stick but still seeing the issue)
I have the same problem on the g box Slav with the Logitech k400 wireless keyboard,can somebody please post a step by step guide for fixing this as xbmc is useless to me without keyboard control it's driving me mad any help really appreciated
If you have a mouse hooked up to your g box you can get past the splash screen by moving the mouse around. Using the cursor button to move the mouse via the remote does not work.
It's a dirt simple recompile of their kernel with CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV turned off. I can't believe that their devs cannot figure out how to do this. The only excuse is they don't have source code.
Thanks for the quick replies,So basically there is nothing I can do?
Pages: 1 2