Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbmc - External player active?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi after a kind member guided me in the correct apk to use to install xbmc I finally got it working using mx player as the player.

Can use icefilms and 1channel no problem and it plays really well.

Only problem now is if I want to stream stuff from iplayer/sportsdevil etc, I keep getting the error message

'external player active, click ok when playback has ended'

Although the stream never shows up on my external player. Any ideas how to fix this problem? I feel like Im nearly there in my set up and this would complete it for me.

Any help gratefully received :-)
Hi mine does the same, ive just installed mx player ie followed guide for android devices. I can play ice films and 1 channel, but when i play sports devil box pops up same as si777. The only way to get it to work is bring up menu and change player from auto to mplayer. When the stream starts i have to go to sound settings on screen and change audio output because get horrible sound. One thing i have noticed is if you kepp choosing syreams they keep queing up but not playing while using mx player.
Any help would be great.
There are some quirks to MX Player and some of the streams coming through via ice films/sportscast/etc.

There is a dedicated thread for this over on XAF here (clickable) that outlines some things more fully. There is also an updated playercorefactory.xml in the thread that will be included in the next XAF release that will hopefully fixup a few things.

One thing with the new playercore: You'll need the SOPCast android app for some streams.
Thnkyou for your reply, will try that link out now.

Really appreciate it, cheers!
Hi this is my first post but there is a fix if you have the androidsticks wizard

http://youtu.be/5K72zieU34g
(2013-09-22, 16:47)crazyh2008 Wrote: [ -> ]androidsticks wizard

Hahaha, scammers scamming scammers.