Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Possible to change 'date added' for multiple episodes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We use the 'Recently Added Episodes' list quite often, and it serves us well, UNTIL I grab an old tv show and add it. Then our list gets obliterated by the new entries (ie- I just added 3 season of Xena, and now I can't see what was added in the last week except Xena).

Is it possible to select a bunch of episodes and change their added date to a month or two prior, so it doesn't muck up your 'truer' recent list?

Use a little program called setfiledate http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

Done and done

uNi

I was under the impression that 'Recently Added Episodes' relied on when they are added to the database, not the timestamp of the files?

Glave, this was true.

BUT .. Frodo changed this compared to Eden. Under Eden and before, by default, the timestamp entered into the db was when the file was scanned. Under Frodo, it actually by default uses the timestamp of the file and not when it was scanned.

To change Frodo to act like Eden instead of the new way, you'll have to edit your advancedsettings.xml and add this under the videolibrary section "<dateadded>0</dateadded>"

Hope that helps
date stamps of files affects it a lot, try it and see.

I know it will work, immediately as well it relies on the files mtime and ctime

you can tweak xbmc to pick on this specifically but still need to use that application I said.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <dateadded>2</dateadded>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->

Again this is 100% tried and true. For Frodo anyway. with that application to change timestanps you will be lauging and giving me a+++

uNi
I used this app a few weeks ago and for some reason it doesn't work large files (it worked fine on files under 20GB)
It works for TV shows and quite a lot of them in one go.

Perhaps http://www.petges.lu/download/ that will be better.

* un1versal just waits fro op to admit it fixes the problem, or come uo with some excuse. :p

uNi

(2013-01-16, 02:13)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]It works for TV shows and quite a lot of them in one go.

Perhaps http://www.petges.lu/download/ that will be better.

* uNiversal just waits fro op to admit it fixes the problem, or come uo with some excuse. :p

uNi

Yeah for all my tv shows it worked great as I don't believe i have any tv shows where 1 individual episode is over 20GB. It skipped over a bunch of movies that i know are large. I will give his other app a whirl.... wish me luck :-)
Well this is wonderful news indeed!

So, I've actually modified the timestamp of 5 seasons of a new show, and then I did a Library Update, but the show still remains in my recently added list. I set the timestamp to 2 months, ago, so it should definitely be out of the way, and I'm using Frodo beta 3, no modifications, so it should be using dateadded 1 as the default.

Should I have gone about this a different way?