Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo Upnp sharing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to set this up with my main XBMC HTPC as the sharing server to my atv2...

But to use Upnp with the Wiki is very vague.... I want to have all of my TV shows, Movies, and Kids Movies shared with its artwork over to the ATV2.
Do you have xbmc on the atv or are you intending to use some native atv upnp function?.

Yes sorry. Frodo on htpc and eden on atv2. I see the upnp share, but I want to have TV shows on the home screen and movies and Kids shows too.
And all your media on your main XBMC system is scanned into the library? Also, if you are using the default Confluence skin on your ATV2, the UPnP share will be listed under the Videos > Files view.
Yes all of my media is on the main xbmc pc and scanned in. I have had that box up and running for a long time and is always on... I see the share under videos. But how do I get from that to show "Movies", "TV Shows" and my other playlists able to be linked on the homescreen. Instead I have to always go into "Videos > Files view"?
Yes, with the default Confluence screen, you have to access your UPnP share via Videos > Files and then select your UPnP source(s). You cannot integrate the UPnP sources into your main menu options for "Movies" or "TV shows". Some skins allow you to create shortcuts on the main menu for favourites. So, if you create a "favourite" for your UPnP "Movies" source, for example, you can add a button to the main menu that launches this "Movies" favourite (give it a different name to avoid confusion with the native "Movies" menu option). It still won't be integrated into the main menu "Movies" option, but at least it will be easier to access.

If you prefer to stay with the general look-and-feel of Confluence, you can use mad-max's "Confluence-MOD" skin, which has the capability to add favourites to the main menu bar. Be sure you install the correct version of this skin based on the XBMC version running on your ATV2.