Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DXVA2 cuts off sides of video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've been trying to solve this problem to no avail. I've noticed that whenever I enable Hardware acceleration DXVA2, part of the video gets "cut off" with black bars. Perhaps the included screen caps would do a better job at explaining my problem. I've included a screen cap when running without Hardware acceleration (bilinear) for the sake of comparison.

1) with Hardware Acceleration DXVA2 enabled

2) without Hardware Acceleration (Bilinear)

PS: I've tried Frodo RC2 and RC3 and updated drivers the result's the same

My specs are:

AMD A6-5400K
ASRock FM2A75M-ITX
Kingston Hyper-X 1866 8GB
Samsung 830 64GB SSD

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!
anyone? view mode is normal everything else is default
try bringing up OSD while DVXA and select widezoom.
uNi
that's... odd. Maybe something with the GPU drivers?
thx for the reply! unfortunately bringing up OSD while DVXA and select widezoom simply cuts off more of the video. It seems that leaving hardware acceleration off is the only option i'm left with...
I've tried everything I could for the last 2 months to no avail. I've even upgraded to the latest beta drivers.

Anyone run into the same problem?
Since it's an AMD GPU my best guess it's the overscan in AMD Catalyst.

You need to change it while you have DXVA activated with a movie playing.
(2013-03-17, 12:06)kaffekask Wrote: [ -> ]Since it's an AMD GPU my best guess it's the overscan in AMD Catalyst.

You need to change it while you have DXVA activated with a movie playing.

Thanks for helping out, kaffekask! However, I tried changing the overscan in AMD Vision Engine Control Center while playing a movie with hardware acceleration (DVXA2) enabled but the slider for overscan is greyed-out so I'm not sure I should do now... Anyone run into this kinda problem? A6-5400K is highly recommended by folks over here that's why I built my HTPC with one
Ok, I've never used AMD Vision Engine Control Center just ATI CCC, but a quick search suggested that there could be a checkbox that you need to mark on the Scaling Options page, after that the slider should be active.
I have exactly the same:
But only when I use "Sychronize video....." is ON.
I had also this problem my specs are

AMD A8-5600K
AMD Radeon HD 7560D With driver AMD 9.12.0.0 Date 19-12-2012
ASRock FM2A75M-ITX
Kingston Hyper-X 1866 8GB
Kingston 128GB SSD

And i found the solution, what i did is as follow.
I open the AMD vision engine control center and go to preferences, then i set it back to the factory settings.
Then is go to my digital displays and select options screensize and set the overscan to zero.

I hope this is the solution for you too