Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How exactly does the MYSQL/Image caching work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have everything working just dandy, but I'd like to know why it is working.

As I understand, all of my fanart is stored LOCALLY on each machine. I have set it up so all of my machines point to a centralized MySQL database. Does the database tell each XBMC WHERE to download the images from on the net?

Also. I'm running mySQL server off my Windows machine.

Let's just say one day I reformat, is it as simple as backing up my MySQL "data" folder, and reinstalling MySQL upon reformatting, doing the same steps to get everything going again, or is it more of an ordeal than that?

Thanks for all the help.
Amazing how far I've come since I put this all together 4 months ago (some of you may remember me as the guy asking ALL of the questions)... now I feel like I'm ready to start helping others. Big Grin So, with that, thanks all of you for your help! Smile
Quote:Does the database tell each XBMC WHERE to download the images from on the net?

Yes. Or if you scrapped with local images, XBMC will then use the local network path to the image.

Not sure about backing up MySQL data directly, but it would probably work like that. Or you can also use the export function of XBMC to do periodic backups of the database.