Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help adjusting Weather Transparency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been attempting to customize my weather appearance in Aeon-Nox. I tried "Appearance Setup --> Adjust Transparency" and it said I needed the ColorPicker addon. I installed that and tried again. The popup slider clearly adjusts the transparency as I would like but then it won't retain the setting.

I have searched in the skin.aeon.nox/1080i directory to locate the required xml file so i could just set the new color value but, was unable to locate the correct spot. Could someone help me locate where this is set? Or, in the alternative, help me in the use of the color picker addon?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Fixed on git.
(2013-01-18, 00:14)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed on git.

Thanks. Being a bit new, I think I will wait a bit. I need to understand how to operate with git before I trash something on my system.
(2013-01-18, 01:01)TiredOldMan Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks. Being a bit new, I think I will wait a bit. I need to understand how to operate with git before I trash something on my system.

wise decision.
(2013-01-18, 02:20)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-18, 01:01)TiredOldMan Wrote: [ -> ]

wise decision.

Never have been one to let things be for very long. I ran the xbmc backup program and also made my own copies in a holding directory. I located what I thought was the correct section in git http://code.google.com/p/aeon--nox/ and pulled a copy of the custom_1128_ColorSelect.xml file.

I copied that file from the 1080i directory to my Desktop and then replaced it with the one from git. That must not have been the correct procedure. xbmc started and ran just fine except that the Weather appearance adjustment panel would not show anymore. Stopped xbmc and put the original xml file from my Desktop back in the 1080i directory and everything was back to normal.

Obviously more study is required.
(2013-01-18, 08:10)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Try this location
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox

Many thanks for your help and patients with my struggles. All is well. Working as desired. I pulled the custom_1128_ColorSelect.xml file again and got the same result.

Realizing there could be other changes in the 1080i directory since I had installed the Aeon-nox skin I used the download zip function to get the complete skin. I replaced my copy of the 1080i directory with the one from github. This time when I started xbmc the weather screen transparency could be adjusted and it held. However, I saw that some of the text items for the appearance adjustment panel were not visible.

I thought there must be changes in areas outside the 1080i directory that were causing this effect. So, I copied in every item from the downloaded zip archive that had a corresponding item in my skin.aeon.nox directory. When next I started xbmc all the missing panel items had reappeared.

Much to my delight, through all this thrashing about, I have not lost any of my original settings. I truly appreciate this beautiful skin and all your help.