Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No audio with USB DAC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running android 4.1.1 on an asus T300 pad and I am not getting any sound from a connected FiiO E7K

I tried with the Google "Music Player" app and XBMC: for both the apps and the pads configuration dialogs...

The FiiO e7k is listed as SPDIF device in Windows on my labtop -but in XBMC the optical/Coax option does not help either.

The funny thing is with Daniel Sobe's "USB Audio Tester" App the devices (Behringer UCA222 or FiiO E7K) are visible and readable and on both it works to redirect the internal mic to the DAC.

Thank you in advance.
Max
"USB Audio Tester" has usb audio driver in user-land. So it works even if the kernel has no usb audio modules.

It would be awesome if XBMC for android included user-land USB audio support.
At least two apps have this feature: "USB Audio Tester" and "USB Audio Recorder".

For example, I have a projector with no audio output and an android device with only hdmi (no audio output).
And anyone could use a DAC to have higher quality sound then the usually bad TV/amp dac.