Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slow cover art loads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys i just biult a new HTPC i am accessing my media through a nas setup. My htpc specs are amd a6 5400k apu, 4 gbs of ddr 3, and a corsair 60gb ssd. I am using latest xbmcbuntu with aeon mq4 skin. Everything is working fine except very slow coverart loads sometimes takes upto seconds for them to load. I havent had issues like this before. Any help would be appriciated.

Cheers
Try default skin confluence to see if the "issue" improves or goes away... This is likely skin realted and as such this post then should be moved to AEON MQ4 subforums or alternatively you can go and moan at the skin developers Wink

uNi
Just tried it in confluence and aeon nox exactl same issue any idea?

Thanks
Yes, depending on source SMB/NFS the media is actually I believe verified it exists entry by entry or something only then the art is shown, TBH only a developer could explain this I probably got it wrong.
If a source is slower to respond it takes longer to display art... In Frodo this was all improved but though it is expected to work better and faster I think it has opposite effect.

Again only a dev can comment on process, and if necessary improve it.

If I leave a source powered off it takes half hour for xbmc to go through this and it seriously bogs down XBMC. a bug I reported but nothing has come of it. If at all related to this!

uNi
Thanks for the help, this is pretty annoying Sad
well after installing windows on the same pc im getting hte same problem so it might be as you said server realted problems
Any more on this? I just reinstalled xbmcbuntu and seemingly it hasn't fixed anything. Cover art bogs down. Some covers take seconds to pop up. Running win8 smb storage.