Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCBuntu: two small issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I've read the FAQ, so there's the background and configuration.

Hardware: HTPC built solely for XBMC. Asrock E350M1 mobo with integrated cpu and 2 gigs of ram. Installed XBMCBuntu.

Code:
xbmc@xbmcbuntu:~$ uname -a
Linux xbmcbuntu 3.5.0-21-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 11 18:52:46 UTC 2012 i686 athlon i686 GNU/Linux
xbmc@xbmcbuntu:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 12.10 - XBMCbuntu
Release:    12.10
Codename:    quantal
xbmc@xbmcbuntu:~$

HTPC is connected via HDMI to my Toshiba TV.

I have two issues that don't ruin the experience (XBMC is awesome!) but are a bit annoying.

1. After resuming from suspend there's no sound. After some googling I've found this thread and while the commands in this script (restart alsa, restart xmbc) work when typed manually in the terminal, they seem to get stuck when put in init script called at resume. Has this been solved? How?

2. Recently (after some extension update?) the Youtube plugin stopped working, as well as TheMovieDB plugin. Removing them and re-installing didn't help. I found a trace in log of some unavailable common python module (don't remember exact message, removed the plugin some time ago).
OK, the Youtube plugin issue I've resolved by removing all userdata and reinstalling extensions.

But the resume-from-suspend issue still persists. Help?
I even configured wake-on-lan to not have to get off my couch in order to run my HTPC, there's just this sound thing.