Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with severe audio stutter on Nexus 7 (catlog provided)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I have been playing with this for a while but haven't been able to figure it out. I am running RC3 Android on my Nexus 7 and whenever I play music (mp3) it stutters like crazy. This is a continues stutter that doesn't resolve over time and sounds like the mp3 is playing really slow (with stutter). This behavior was the same with RC1 and RC2, and also if I play the file over SMB. The same mp3's play properly on my other mp3 players like winamp. I know others have been having real good playback on a nexus 7 so am stumped as to what the problem might be. I have posted this issue before but now I have been finally able to post the log with logcat.

I'd be super grateful if a developer can have a look at this, to see whether this is a proper bug or if my N7 is triggering a conflict within xbmc?
The catlog output is here --> http://pastebin.com/2AS2qxm8. The mp3 (Aerosmith) starts around line 1100 and I can't see anything out of the ordinary in the code?

Many gracias,Smile
try a nighty.
That will be my next move. But I can't quite see how that would solve my problem as I appear to be the only one with this issue? And it hasn't sorted itself out going from RC-RC3, so what are the odds that the nightly would fix it?
A nightly build (wiki) contains all the latest fixes that the developers have done for that day (hence it being a nightly build). Normally nightly builds also contain new bugs because they also have new features added, but right now XBMC is under "feature freeze", so nightlies are actually the least buggy test builds.
Thanks for the tip. Switching to the last nightly (18 Jan) build solved my audio problem. Mp3's play perfect now (both local and streaming over smb).
Standard definition video has smooth playback (think shows), and 720p video almost plays smooth.

good work guys! =) I reckon this will take tablets to a whole new level!
Forgot to mention that XBMC-CPU load (from RC3 to latest nightly) has also dropped between 20-30% on Nexus 7.