Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Renaming files AFTER imported to XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I've spent quite some time building my XBMC library, with sometimes setting scraper manually. Now is there an option / tool / addon to i) rename my imported movies & TV shows according ii) generate .nfo files from the XBMC database?

I've seen many posts to programs that can do this BEFORE importing, but i already did that work...

thanks a lot!
Gergely
If you rename them after you've scanned them into XBMC then they will no longer work in XBMC.
i know i need to rescan... but if it's named properly XBMC will recognize. whereas if it's not (as now) and I need to re-add for whatever reason - e.g. new computer, reinstalling, database error, etc - i need to do it again manually
Oh, are you referring to just exporting your library so you can import it on an empty XBMC install? If so, the option is under video settings. You can do it as one file or export all the artwork and separate nfo files.

Edit: you can also do the same with the audio library as well under the music section.
that should work mostly... but i would assume this would require i keep the files in same folders / filename? which changes sometimes given they are on external drives
well if you export to separate files, the nfo files and artwork stay with the media. So if you change their location and scan them in again, they'll still work.
thanks! and can i do this export to separate files in a batch?
When you use the export option of 'separate' it will ask you two other questions. (1) if you want to export thumbnails and fanart and (2) if you want to overwrite existing files.

Regardless of how those 2 additional questions are answered, XBMC will create an nfo file for every video in your library database that doesn't already have an nfo file. These files will be created in the location of the video files. So will the artwork if you chose that option as well.