Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Samsung Galaxy note II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am running xbmc in samsung galaxy note II; everything work great and now I am trying to transfer my .xml files( custom built .strm files) into it but the transfer always fails and give me an error message "this type of file isn't playable on your device".
Thanks for any inputHuh
Are you using the hardware acceleration builds from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/ (the ones that say "android-hwaccel") and is it playing 720p ansd 1080p videos well?
(2013-01-28, 21:11)funtasticguy Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the hardware acceleration builds from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/ (the ones that say "android-hwaccel") and is it playing 720p ansd 1080p videos well?
No.But I will try it. Thank you.
Once you try it, let me know if it works on your Note 2.
(2013-01-29, 23:59)funtasticguy Wrote: [ -> ]Once you try it, let me know if it works on your Note 2.
I willWink

(2013-01-29, 23:59)funtasticguy Wrote: [ -> ]Once you try it, let me know if it works on your Note 2.
Sadly, I can confirm that it did not work.Undecided

It did not work on my Note 2 either. I rooted my phone and installed a different ROM and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't the ROM that was somehow affecting it. I do know that it works rather well on Tegra 3 devices.

Thanks for trying it out!
I wonder if anyone else can advise. My Samsung Galazy Note 2 (new one) plays no audio when watching anything in XBMX. Any suggestions please? I notice in settings/audio output it says Passthrough output device - Error no device found. Could this perhaps be the problem? I am not able to alter that device. Any help greatly appreciated.
(2013-02-10, 10:51)mtollet Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if anyone else can advise. My Samsung Galazy Note 2 (new one) plays no audio when watching anything in XBMX. Any suggestions please? I notice in settings/audio output it says Passthrough output device - Error no device found. Could this perhaps be the problem? I am not able to alter that device. Any help greatly appreciated.

change your audio settings. Seems like its set to passthrough. I.e pass through to an external decoder like a HD sound system.
Thank you for your reply. Sadly I am very limited on the samsung galaxy note 2 as to how much can be changed in the audio settings. Audio output can be Optical/Coax, HDMI or Analog. I have tried all 3, speaker configuration i have set to 2.0 from 7.1 but none of them make a difference either.Audio output device is android.audiotrack and thats the only one you can select. Any help would be appreciated.
I have solved my oen puzzle. I thought I should share it with others just in case anyone else has the same issue as me. I went to the phone settings volume for music/video and noticed it was set to mute. Oops. Anyway put that up and bingo all is now fine.
Where do I download the software from that will work on the note 2
Download the latest nightly build (wiki) for Android.
Running XBMC Wizard Edition and can watch videos no problem.

Is it possible to use the Note II for watching Live TV - if so how do I get channels to appear within the "Live TV" menu?
And, is it possible to to use the SD card as the storage device for use as a PVR??
Hello all
I installed XBMC on my note 2 but the mail reason I am not using it, is because the touchkeys stay lit.
Any suggestions?
Pages: 1 2