Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Muzu.tv (New 2013)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Muzu.tv

My version of this great plugin originally by T0mm0 and nursed back to life my me.

I have finally decided to start a new thread so that the download link and details for the latest version will now always be in this first post:

Now available from my repo found here:

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...-1.0.5.zip

Allows easy access of music videos from the Muzu.tv website (see http://www.muzu.tv )

• browse videos by genre
• search videos
• download videos (via context menu)
• add to music video library (via context menu)
• uk top 40 charts (Singles, Rock, Independent, Dance, RnB)
• jukebox mode (play all songs by an artist or use 'jam' mode for a selection of similar videos)
• 70+ featured playlists
• user playlists (create at muzu.tv)
• auto or manual starting of playlists
• channel browsing by genre
• randomising of playlists
• quality mode setting (240, 360, 480, 720)
• select your country

For searching and browsing you will need an api key available from here:
http://www.muzu.tv/api/getYourApiKey/

If you already have a key but can't remember it, you need to login to your muzu account in a browser and then go to this page:
http://www.muzu.tv/api/yourApiSettings/

In the username in the settings you should enter your Muzu channel name, this is used to identify your playlists for displaying in the playlist menu.

The "Add to Library" feature is available from the context menu. This requires you to have setup a folder in the addon settings where it will save the strm files to. You also need to add this folder to your library and set the content to Music Videos and the scraper to TheAudioDB (this seems to be the only one that works, make sure 'Use folder names for lookups' is selected).

The TheAudioDB scraper needs both the artist and track name, the addon attempts to "guess" these but they might need to be edited for best results.

Please post comments, feature suggestions, bug reports (include log!), etc

22/12/13
Version 0.2.17
- fixed Playlists caused by changes to website
- fixed Charts caused by changes to website
- removed Alternative/Independant chart as no longer available on Muzu.tv

5/12/13
Version 0.2.16
- go rid of bodge.mp4 (hopefully) when auto-playing playlists

22/11/13
Version 0.2.15
- fixed Charts script error caused due to change to web-site

30/10/13
Version 0.2.12
- fixed Playlists caused by change to web-site

11/10/13
Version 0.2.11
- fixed downloads on non-windows OS
- subscribed to developers fund

9/10/13
Version 0.2.10
- refactored download mechanism to improve reliability
- added 'Add to Library' functionality to context menu

16/4/13
Version 0.2.9
- (workaround) uses chart playlists to identify Number 1 as it no longer appears on Muzu chart page

6/4/13
Version 0.2.8
- fixed bug caused by artists/tracks with non-ascii characters

5/4/13
Version 0.2.7
- fixed downloading when title include non-alphanumeric characters

26/2/13
Version 0.2.5
- fixed charts due to changes at muzu.tv
- added Verify API Key to settings page
thank you
thanks a lot.

does anyone know where to see ones api key?
i tried to request one on the site, but it says "You already have an API Key" - i probably requested one a while ago for the old plugin, but i don't know where the damn thing is Smile
(2013-01-21, 22:38)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]thanks a lot.

does anyone know where to see ones api key?
i tried to request one on the site, but it says "You already have an API Key" - i probably requested one a while ago for the old plugin, but i don't know where the damn thing is Smile

LOL It isn't obvious but if you login to your muzu account in a browser and then go to this page

http://www.muzu.tv/api/yourApiSettings/
thx again ^^
v.v. cool cant wait to try it on
Thanks for updating this addon!

Can you confirm in the addon settings that the Muzu username should be entered as name@email.com like the login on the Muzu website or just the user/channel name?
(I have my API Key)
The muzu username is your channel name, NOT your email address (I'll rename it in the next release)

It is used to identify your playlists in the playlist menu.

You can actually put any valid channel name in, it does not have to match the API key

eg put in spoyser and you will get mine (no comments please I was just testing the functionality!)
Thanks for the plugin

Been trying for days now to request an API key, just get the message MUZU has just sneezed, please try again in a few moments

Sad
I have just set up a new account and it seemed to work fine.

Does it sneeze on the page where you have to click the "Request an API Key" button?

Did you register with them first?
I went through the Developer link at the bottom of the website to get the API, it goes to the same place but it didn't 'sneeze' when I went this way. Great add on btw, thanks!
Anybody getting a script error when trying to view the charts? The search function is working but not sure about everything else.
Latest version now available, link is in first post.

I should point out that there is currently a problem with the Muzu site itself in that the charts aren't showing the Number 1 video for a couple of the charts, e.g see here

http://www.muzu.tv/top-40-charts/chart/1/

(which is what caused the error in the addon originally)

Once this is fixed at Muzu the addon might pick it up without a change but we shall have to wait and see!
5/4/13
Version 0.2.7
- fixed downloading when title include non-alphanumeric characters
Not working, getting script error.

Code:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.muzu.tv\default.py", line 325, in <module>
                                                img=v['thumb'])
                                              File "L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.muzu.tv\resources\lib\Addon.py", line 103, in add_video_item
                                                title = urllib.quote(str(infolabels['title']))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:48:54 T:4896   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.muzu.tv/?chart=1&mode=chart
11:48:54 T:4896   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.muzu.tv/?chart=1&mode=chart) failed
11:48:54 T:5432  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
11:48:54 T:5432  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:48:55 T:5784  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6