Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [closed: seems fixed in Gotham] XBMC rc2/3 crash when viewing large picture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
- XBMC crashes when using picture viewing and displaying a large picture,
8192x1856 jpg, 2.27 MB picture taken with Sony A-series camera (auto-stitching)
Just using normal xbmc picture viewer, displaying smaller picture first, press right
arrow, see how new (large) picture actually shows up, but older picture stays
greyed out in the background, then xbmc freezes and crashes).
(let me know how to upload such a picture if that would help).

(my RPI works fine for this, it's a linux problem))

- happens for all pictures this large, all smaller pictures (tested up to 14
Megapixel) work fine.

- Linux gentoo x86, emerge world up to date (just somewhat older 3.1 kernel),
Linux hostname 3.1.6-gentoo #5 SMP Tue Feb 7 02:09:38 MET 2012 i686 AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2400 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

- xbmc built via emerge (world synced yesterday 1/20/2013)). Also happens when
building xbmc manually from git downloaded source and configure:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ource_code

- Nvidia GeForce 210

- happens with rc2 and rc3 (didn't test older versions yet)

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29351
(2013-01-21, 11:34)te36 Wrote: [ -> ]- XBMC crashes when using picture viewing and displaying a large picture,
2048x1856 jpg, 2.27 MB picture taken with Sony A-series camera (auto-stitching)

Can you include some samples of the ill behaved files?
I asked in my last posting how to upload such a file if thts necessary as i don't have pcasa or the like. I have uuencoded one and uploaded to xbmclogs. Hope thats ok:

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29365

Btw: I also tried to switch between nvidia and xorg-x11 OpenGL drivers, and it didn't make a difference:
(gentoo method):

% eselect opengl set nvidia
% equery belongs /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
* Searching for /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 ...
x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-304.64 (/usr/lib/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGL.so.304.64)

% eselect opengl set xorg-x11
% equery belongs /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
* Searching for /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 ...
media-libs/mesa-9.0.1 (/usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libGL.so.1.2.0)

You use sites like dropbox to upload a sample file and post the link for everyone to try and try duplicate your problem.

That pastebin is unfortunatly useless.

uNi
Did you try:

wget -O - 'http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29365&mode=raw' | uudecode

produces exactly the original file (DSC02105.JPG) for me.
Latest nvidia drivers (313.18) and 3.5.7 kernel didn't help either, same crash with Frodo.

Eden works fine with for those large pictures. Just re-emerged 11.0-r1, no change to any other packages (OpenGL, NVidia drivers,...).

Seems to be a problem of Frodo (tried rc2 and rc3).
Proper samples please

I have tested this and up to 14MB raw files from various cameras all normal.

Im on a IONgen1 with Ubuntu 12.04LTS and XBMC (20130120-55e1e268) Compiled 22 Jan 2013

uNi.
oops. just saw that i mistyped the size of the picture in my first post. it's 8192x1856 and not 2048x1856 as i typed first. re-edited. Sorry.
I suspect it'll be a problem with the texture size of something. Grab a full backtrace if you can.
Sorry: When you say "proper samples please" and "I have tested this", i am confused

So you did manage to get the file i uploaded (via wget/uudecode), and it does display correctly for you [Y/N].

If [Y], then you do have a proper sample. If that proper sample works for you, then the problem must have some other dependency against my system setup that isn't reproduced in your setup. Not sure what to do next then. I would have hoped that the crash dump that i provided is proper evidence even if you can not reproduce it. What better proper evide can i provide ?
it is a proper sample, downloads fine here and also displays fine in xbmc.

You should try and create a debug log (wiki) and post it to pastebin. Maybe gentoo has a missing library dependency. Or run xbmc through strace - eg

strace -eopen xbmc

nice to see a gentoo user, even if I gave it up myself a while ago Smile
(2013-01-22, 10:54)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect it'll be a problem with the texture size of something. Grab a full backtrace if you can.

What is a backtrace ? Please check my log file i had uploaded, it does include something like:

/usr/local/media/xbmc_frodo_rc3/bin/xbmc
*** glibc detected *** /usr/local/media/xbmc_frodo_rc3/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0xa2847008 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/libc.so.6(+0x73dd1)[0xb5f6bdd1]
/lib/libc.so.6(+0x7455b)[0xb5f6c55b]
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1(+0x85e09)[0xb6a3fe09]
======= Memory map: ========
08048000-09098000 r-xp 00000000 08:06 1786 /usr/local/detv/xbmc_frodo_rc3/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin

Run it from gdb and grab a full backtrace once it breaks via bt all. You have only a single thread there which is kinda useless.
Pages: 1 2