Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Please Help with UPnP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Ive read through a decent chunk of info regarding setting up XBMC on android but im struggling to be honest!

Ive got it up and running on my PC and ive ticked all the relevant boxes regarding sharing through UPnP.

On the PC itself it has everything open regarding sharing ability in network settings.

Ive installed XBMC on an Imito MX1 (android tv stick) and it runs fine with things like the 1channel etc.

Ive obviously ticked the relevant boxes on the settings here too regarding sharing through UPnP but when i try to add a video source (or any source -music/pictures) with the Browse UPnP option it doesnt list anything available.......

Have i missed something basic here or am i making a silly mistake somewhere!

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled but each time im not making any progress :-(

Any help would be great,thanks
your router might be blocking it theres an option in my router called media share.

using xbmc as a upnp server dosent work that well with android if you realy want to use upnp use plex or tversity there a lot of other options to search for upnp server in google

i wouldnt use upnp if i was you use smb

i have all my media on my main computer under the sharing options on the pc i have every thing set to every one

in xbmc go to smb in the source list

the reason i say i wouldnt use upnp is because you cant get dvd cover or fanart movie info ect to show up
smb is perfect

this guide will help http://dradias-hacks.blogspot.com/2012/0...hares.html

if your using Linux smb is called samba

what android device are you using anyways

Ive got all the options open on my router for sharing over UPnP - my nat settings are set to 'open'

The android device i'm using is the 'Imito mx1' - its an android stick pc - good spec on it so it's not a hardware issue.....

I finally got the imito to recognize XBMC on my PC and ive located all my folders (movies,tv shows etc)

I can get the Imito to stream music over UPnP and it works perfectly.

However i've only got the Imito to stream my movies over UPnP once and after that it just stays buffering forever with no progress - although it can see every movie i'm sharing from my PC.

I'm running the new android friendly version of XBMC - http://www.xbmcandroid.com/2013/01/17/in...must-have/

I've installed MXplayer and have made sure to open it and play a video then close again before launching XBMC just so XBMC can pick up MXplayer as an external player.

Any ideas why the streaming using UPnP worked once and the music streams fine constantly but now it wont stream video at all and just stays at that buffering stage?

Please help as this is doing my nut in Sad ......................

That's not the friendly version. This is the friendly version: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005
Thankyou Sir Smile

I'm playing with this version and although it doesn't use my favourite player (MX) the internal stock one is performing very well indeed - obviously it's slightly choppy here and there but that's to be expected this far into the game i appreciate!

I've noticed that it occasionaly freezes up my Imito but thats a very rare occurence to be honest.

Thanks again Ned