Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Videos as visualizations (or something like it)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, people.

First of all, this is my first post, and I've been using XMBC for a few days only.
I've got it configured just the way I like it, and with that yatse android remote... Everything here is pretty damn awesome.

The thing is, I've got this idea, and I don't know if XMBC supports it.

I want to keep some videos on the background, on mute, as I play my music.

The idea is to get some cool videos of sports, nature, etc, while we listen to music.

The first thing that came to mind is a "visualization add-on" that would use a "cool looking videos" folder, while I use the built in music funcionality of XMBC.

I searched quite a bit for info on how to do this, or if such an add-on even exists (probably not but.. I can dream, can't I?), but haven't found anything.

Is there anyway someone can help me with this? Or is this simply impossible?

Any help is appreciated.
not sure if this would work but you can use a screensaver/slideshow and maybe use a .gif which is a moving picture
I have lots of videos (mp4, avi, etc) of cool stuff... around 15 gigs of it.

Not exactly... gif-able.

Is there anybody who needs anything like this? For their music and their videos to come from different sources?
I think someone figured out a karaoke hack to make this work.
+1 for this
Would be great to use some of my "sporting fails" videos as a background during audio songs!