Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scanning multiples of same movie into library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I decided id had enough with windows 7 always interrupting and xbmc crashing, so I moved to xbmcbuntu this morning.
I backed up my video library's and xbmc settings with the addon, and installed xbmcbuntu.

I'm having the usual audio problems and such, but the biggest issue at the moment is not scanning my movies in correctly.

The first thing I did was import my settings using the xbmc backup addon. My thoughts were that this would add all my covers and movie info into the local drive so It wouldn't have to redownload everything.

Then I imported my library. This showed all my movies, however on trying to open any I would get the "file not found" error. I'm assuming this is because windows mounted my external drive in a different path than xbmcbuntu. I couldn't work out how to change the path name or redirect xbmc to my hdd, so I did a "clean library" and started again.

I then pointed xbmc to my external hdd and told it that it contains movies, then did a scan.

Now, two things.

1 - in the scan box it took about 5 mins to scan through what looks like a bunch of numbers. eg - "20-3054-3349585-30444- 3-4040"
This happens EVERY time I do a scan, and never used to happen in windows. Slows down the process quite a lot. My guess was that it is sorting through my local files to see if it can find covers? Not sure though.

2 - I can't get a full scan to finish. As soon as it finds the movie "Taken 2" it scans it in over and over again until I turn the router off and kill the internet connection. I then have to go back and delete all these copies of Taken 2. I have tried this multiple times but it wont get past Taken 2. It did the same thing with the movie "Brave" when I first tried to scan, but it somehow made it past this. In the import box, it quickly flashes between "Taken 2" and "2" over and over.

Is this a known problem or does anyone know what's going on?

I'm using XBMCbuntu Frodo rc3 on a Zotac Z-BOX ND-22

Appreciate any assistance.

Edit: Ok even weirder I just tried to delete Taken 2 so It could make it past that, but it's not even on the HDD. It also tries to import the TV show "House", which is on a hard drive I haven't even plugged in yet. I'm assuming my backup restore has mucked something up?

Further Edit: Well it turns out the problem was a hidden recycle bin folder that couldn't be seen in windows without unchecking a few boxes. This was mucking it all up and the extended numbers I mentioned in my first problem were recycle bin folders. I just deleted the hidden "$recyclebin" folder.

Hope this helps someone else.