Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: tv5monde video plugin for TV5MONDE+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everybody,

I've made a video plugin called tv5monde to watch the videos from the TV5MONDE+ web site.

As TV5MONDE+ provides all the videos to french speakers/learners worldwide (i.e. it's not restricted to frech geolocation), I find it very usefull for everyone that wants to see the bundle of material provided by that wonderful web site.

This is the first release of the plugin, so at this stage it's very basic but yet fully functional, and I've been testing at home during weeks on my Raspberry Pi (using Openelec with both Eden and Frodo versions), as well as Eden on several Linux desktop systems, before write this post and make it available for anyone who wants to use it.

On this first release, the plugin shows a selection of all the videos available on the web site, listed by category, and then shows all the videos under each category ordered by date, from the most recent up to the oldest one.

For anyone interested in use the plugin, it can be directly downloadable and installable from here plugin.video.tv5monde.zip This plugin can run on Eden as well as Frodo releases as is (installed following the standard way for any other zip file plugin), although I plan in the future to keep separated branches for each XBMC version.

On this 1.0.0 release, the debug is setup by default just to detect any errors and ease with troubleshotting. I plan very soon to provide a new release to allow to enable/disable the debug option from the plugin settings menu.

Any comments, sugerences of improvement, and issue notifications would be very wellcome. Please use this forum thread for that, and I'll try to reply as soon as I can.

I'm willing to let it available on the oficial repositories (for both Frodo and Eden) after some improvements are made (as the posibility of select the quality of the videos, the debug option, and some work on messages internacionalization). In the mean time, you can download the plugin directly from the above link, and I'll update periodically the plugin using this forum thread in future posts.

Enjoy it!
(2013-01-22, 11:59)jamontes Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody,

I've made a video plugin called tv5monde to watch the videos from the TV5MONDE+ web site.

As TV5MONDE+ provides all the videos to french speakers/learners worldwide (i.e. it's not restricted to frech geolocation), I find it very usefull for everyone that wants to see the bundle of material provided by that wonderful web site.

This is the first release of the plugin, so at this stage it's very basic but yet fully functional, and I've been testing at home during weeks on my Raspberry Pi (using Openelec with both Eden and Frodo versions), as well as Eden on several Linux desktop systems, before write this post and make it available for anyone who wants to use it.

On this first release, the plugin shows a selection of all the videos available on the web site, listed by category, and then shows all the videos under each category ordered by date, from the most recent up to the oldest one.

For anyone interested in use the plugin, it can be directly downloadable and installable from here plugin.video.tv5monde.zip This plugin can run on Eden as well as Frodo releases as is (installed following the standard way for any other zip file plugin), although I plan in the future to keep separated branches for each XBMC version.

On this 1.0.0 release, the debug is setup by default just to detect any errors and ease with troubleshotting. I plan very soon to provide a new release to allow to enable/disable the debug option from the plugin settings menu.

Any comments, sugerences of improvement, and issue notifications would be very wellcome. Please use this forum thread for that, and I'll try to reply as soon as I can.

I'm willing to let it available on the oficial repositories (for both Frodo and Eden) after some improvements are made (as the posibility of select the quality of the videos, the debug option, and some work on messages internacionalization). In the mean time, you can download the plugin directly from the above link, and I'll update periodically the plugin using this forum thread in future posts.

Enjoy it!
Thank for your work. I cannot wait to test it.Wink

thank you for the addon it sounds great , hte problem is it doesn't work for me sadly Smile I am using frodo version on pc windows 7.
@jamontes keep up the good work and think about make it work for atv/xbmc. Thank you.Wink
(2013-01-22, 23:18)al7oumame Wrote: [ -> ]thank you for the addon it sounds great , hte problem is it doesn't work for me sadly :) I am using frodo version on pc windows 7.

Hi al7oumame:

I haven't got any windows machine at home to test the plugin and see what happens. Could you please copy the whole log file into a pastebin link and let me know so I can figure what is going wrong?

I'm been testing the plugin under Frodo with my Raspberry Pi. As it doesn't make use of filepaths into the code, it should be fine for Windows as well.

Thanks,

jamontes.
(2013-01-23, 09:38)adioukrou Wrote: [ -> ]@jamontes keep up the good work and think about make it work for atv/xbmc. Thank you.:;):

Hi adioukrou:

Please, tell me which problem you have found with the plugin. I haven't got any atv to test it, but I could try to help you use the plugin. Is it an installation problem? Did you install any other plugin into your atv from a zip file before this one?

As this is my first plugin, any help coming from more skilled people than me would be very welcome.

Thanks,

jamontes.
(2013-01-23, 11:10)jamontes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-22, 23:18)al7oumame Wrote: [ -> ]thank you for the addon it sounds great , hte problem is it doesn't work for me sadly Smile I am using frodo version on pc windows 7.

Hi al7oumame:

I haven't got any windows machine at home to test the plugin and see what happens. Could you please copy the whole log file into a pastebin link and let me know so I can figure what is going wrong?

I'm been testing the plugin under Frodo with my Raspberry Pi. As it doesn't make use of filepaths into the code, it should be fine for Windows as well.

I have the same problem:
http://pastebin.com/i4Ea84z8

Bye,

Nightflyer
(2013-01-23, 13:33)nightflyer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-22, 23:18)al7oumame Wrote: [ -> ]thank you for the addon it sounds great , hte problem is it doesn't work for me sadly :) I am using frodo version on pc windows 7.

Hi al7oumame:

I have the same problem:
http://pastebin.com/i4Ea84z8

Bye,

Nightflyer

Hi Nightflyer:

It sounds weird. The python sintax seems to be ok. I would try to find out the way to test it under a Windows machine (I have none installed at home) and let you know. But for me it isn't something straight forward, so I cannot provide you a quick solution.

Is there anyone that tested it under a Linux or Mac machine and got the same problem?

Thanks a lot for the logs.

Jamontes.
I think I've found the problem for Windows 7 and fix it. You can find the release 1.0.1 from here plugin.video.tv5monde-1.0.1.zip and tell me if that works fine under Windows 7 as well.

Thanks,

jamontes.
(2013-01-23, 16:21)jamontes Wrote: [ -> ]I think I've found the problem for Windows 7 and fix it. You can find the release 1.0.1 from here plugin.video.tv5monde-1.0.1.zip and tell me if that works fine under Windows 7 as well.

Thanks,

jamontes.

I am sorry but i think the link gives the same 1.0.0 version of the plugin ! could you verify the link please .
(2013-01-23, 18:10)al7oumame Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-23, 16:21)jamontes Wrote: [ -> ]I think I've found the problem for Windows 7 and fix it. You can find the release 1.0.1 from here plugin.video.tv5monde-1.0.1.zip and tell me if that works fine under Windows 7 as well.

Thanks,

jamontes.

I am sorry but i think the link gives the same 1.0.0 version of the plugin ! could you verify the link please .

Hi al7oumame:

Actually it points to the same link, but the zip file contains the 1.0.1 release with the fix (in fact you could use the first posted link to download the modified plugin). If you have a look to the changelog.txt file, you will see the 1.0.1 remark for the fix (you can see the new version on the plugin info as well, once it's installed).

Please, don't forget to uninstall the previous plugin before reinstall this one (from the Add-ons settings menu), and let me know with the result.

Thanks,

jamontes.
I don't khnow I still get verion 1
Hi al7oumame:

It's very weird. I've tested twice and downloaded the new release from the post.

Let me check it and I'll let you know.

Thanks,

jamontes.
(2013-01-22, 23:18)al7oumame Wrote: [ -> ]thank you for the addon it sounds great , hte problem is it doesn't work for me sadly Smile I am using frodo version on pc windows 7.

Hi al7oumame:

Thanks,

jamontes.
(2013-01-23, 09:38)adioukrou Wrote: [ -> ]@jamontes keep up the good work and think about make it work for atv/xbmc. Thank you.Wink

Hi adioukrou:

Please, tell me which problem you have found with the plugin. I haven't got any atv to test it, but I could try to help you use the plugin. Is it an installation problem? Did you install any other plugin into your atv from a zip file before this one?

As this is my first plugin, any help coming from more skilled people than me would be very welcome.

Thanks,

jamontes.
@ jamontes I'm use to install plugin on my atv2 but with yours it does not open up( script failed ) maybe you released only the pc version. I will provide you with the log when I can tonite.CheersWink

(2013-01-23, 19:17)jamontes Wrote: [ -> ]Hi al7oumame:

It's very weird. I've tested twice and downloaded the new release from the post.

Let me check it and I'll let you know.

Thanks,

jamontes.

I've checked the link from home again, and the zip file downloaded (named plugin.video.tv5monde-master.zip, alike the first version) is the newest one.

The new zip file has a size of 103963 bytes (the first one had 103893). Please, remove previously the older zip file from your computer as well as from the site where the XBMC runs (if it's an ATV, Rasberry Pi, Xbox, etc...), and check that the new downloaded zip file has the correct size. Then uninstall the plugin from the XBMC (from System->Settings->Add-ons->Enabled Add-ons->Add-ons Video->tv5monde and select uninstall). Then try to install the new zip file.

To be honest, I experienced a lack of refresh of the zip file to download from Github right afterwords of a commit (yesterday), but I've checked it for three times from two different PCs the same link posted into this forum thread, and the three times I've downloaded the last version (1.0.1). You will see as well as the logo and fanart have changed to better ones.

If all those things fails, please let me know and I would try to send you directly by email, although it's not the best way.

Thanks,

jamontes.
Hey jamontes

finnaly it works very well thank you very much great add-on or should I say "merci beaucoup" !
I suggest you talk about your plugin in the french xbmc forum also http://passion-xbmc.org/forum.

cheers.
al7oumame
Pages: 1 2