Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: : no refresh rate change when calling menus, EPG etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One thing that is a bit annoying is that each time I call the EPG in live TV (12rc2 currently, if this has been changed let me know) or other menus the refresh rate switches, causing the display to blank for a moment.
Why change refresh for menus etc anyway?
Set option "adjust refresh rate to match video" to start/stop (or something like that) and it will do what you asked for.
Well, this helps a bit as calling EPG in live TV does not blank anymore, but switching channels is stopping one TV program and starting another, so there we are again.
Maybe one could check if the new program is at a different refresh and only call the change if necessary?

(Are TV program fps rates different in other parts of the world? Here in germany pretty much every time I check it's 25fps anyway.)
germany here too - switching livetv channels definitly doesn't trigger refreshrate changes nor fps changes for me. I would have hacked that away already - i watch livetv every day through xbmc. How do you switch channels? I just hit the little tv symbol when watching and scroll to the tv channel i want. If you go back to the menu and select a channel there it might trigger a stop/start and indeed in that case it would change refreshrate back to GUI (60hz) and forth to new channel (50hz for 25fps content for example). If so - thats not the way its ment to be used imho.
Usually I go into EPG and switch from there.