Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Mac OS X ML]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a Mac Mini 2011 connected to a LG TV via HDMI, and to a monitor via Thunderbolt>DVI. I can choose Full Screen #2 and XBMC starts ok in the TV (HDMI), but the monitor becomes black, and I can't use it at the same time.

Is there any way to run XBMC in #2 and keep using the desktop in the monitor (DVI)? My idea is to have always running XBMC in Full Screen in the TV (no matter if the TV is turned off), and keep using the Mac in the monitor.

Thanks in advance.
BYE
You should be able to control that in the OS X Displays preference pane, choosing mirroring or not and specifying the arrangement. Also in XBMC settings, make sure that "blank other display" (may not have the term quite right) is not on.
Thanks!!

The solution was right down, something like "Refresh other screens".
Now I'm going to test Pulse-Eight CEC Adapter, working fine in Linux.

BYE!
First impression: CEC works "out of the box" with Frodo RC3, but a great function that wake up the Mac Mini when input is selected, needs to press keyboard or trackpad. MacMini wake up, but no video until press.