Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intro video freezes XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the Xperience More skin for v11 of XBMC, and i setup an intro video i made which is an M2V file. I launched ti for the first time today, and XBMC loads just fine, but when it goes into the intro video, the screen goes black, and i can't exit out of it or get to the home screen. All i can do is quit XBMC from task manager. It does it every single time i launch it, and now i can't use it at all. I tried deleting the video form its location hoping i would get an error, but then didn't do anything either. So what can i do to get my XBMC back?
Pressing the escape key doesn't skip it?

Hmm. IIRC, intro movies work by creating a script that is opened when XBMC starts. I think it's something like autoexec.py and should be somewhere in the userdata folder.
You know what, i ended up making a smaller file size, it ended up the animation i had made was 2Gb, and XBMC couldn't run it for some reason. So i downsized it, and now it's working. Thanks for the info on the autoexec.py, i'll keep that in mind for the next time.