Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Not Playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I have set up xbmc on my apple tv and none of the media will playback:

Platform: Apple Tv2

IOS: 5.02 (4250)

Install Method: Nito

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30152

XBMC Build: 11.0 git20120702f3cd288 Compiled July 2, 2012

All content is showing along with meta data, artwork etc.

When I press on play it comes back with a message saying "Playback Failed. One or more items failed to play back check the log files".

The content plays through XBMC on my mini-mac without a problem, just a problem when trying to play on Apple TV.

I have tried playing back files that are formatted both as M4v (mp4) & mkv.

Any guidance you can provide would be very much appreciated.
You need to try the ip of your server instead of the name. NetBios resolution is always wonky outside of windows itself.
I used the name of Mini-Mac as I have been unable to connect using the IP of my mini-mac.

It seems to connect ok because it updates the library whenever I start up XBMC and downloads content, it just wont play.

Content is sitting on external hard drive connected to Mini-Mac as a shared folder. Any reason why I would not be able to connect using the ip or why it would download content but not play content
If it won't connect via ip - something in your server side configuration or network configuration is wrong (firewall?).
OK I just got it connecting via ip (I had the wrong ip, was on a vpn).

Unfortunately I have the same problem, it will still not play back even when connecting with IP Address
I worked out the problem reading through the XBMC wiki.

I am using Moutain Lion 10.8 and there seems to be a known issue with the way apple now handles SMB.

The wiki suggested installing SMBUP & it WORKS...