Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Install onto Apple TV 3 using Developer Account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

if i have a developer account with apple and can sign programs would i be able to sign XBMC Frodo and install it onto my apple tv 3?

as a developer you are allowed to connect to your Apple tv and install Apps such as netflix as you can sign the code for testing purposes and i was wondering if i would be able to do this with XBMC onto my apple tv version 3?

Anyone know if this would work or not?

Thanks

Jamie
In what form is the netflix app installed? (is it an ipa?)

Well for what i gathered at trying this on ios - this is unlikly to work on appletv3 and we can't tell you any steps on how even to try it. You don't have access to the filesystem - else i would say - just sign the binary + all dylibs in the Frameworks folder and then copy it over into the frappliance folder. But i guess you need it to be in a special package (ipa i guess? - we only do deb packaging for cydia - this won't work for unjailbroken hardware of course).

So - no - i doubt it.
thanks for the reply, i was just wondering if it would be possilbe as i was going to get an apple developer account and i know once you have one you can access the file system of the apple tv
If that were the case I think many people would be doing this already.
A dev account will not allow you to get access to the filesystem ...