Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lipsync issues and general stuttering after TV turns off/on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm running XBMC Eden and I'm having two annoying problems, which I've lived with so far, but I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced this and has a solution.

1. Lip sync issues

I've set XBMC to adjust the refresh to match the video FPS, sync playback to display and A7V sync method to audio clock. This gives me very smooth playback with only occasional stutting which does not bother me much. The thing is that I'm having lip sync issues with almost any content I play. Particularly bad when I'm viewing h264 MKVs at 24fps. I usually have to delay the sound for about 100-150ms to get proper lip sync. Any suggestions? How are your playback settings configured?

2. General stuttering of the GUI and playback after some time

I leave my HTPC on all the time. It does not sleep/hibernate or stand by. I only turn off the TV when the HTPC is not in use. After a while (few days or so) XBMC starts to lag and navigating the GUI stutters. It's not much but clearly noticable. It's like the FPS has dropped to 15-20FPS - it's no longer silky smooth as it should be. Shutting down XBMC and starting it up again fixes this issue. Any ideas?

My system has a Core 2 Duo 8200, ATI Radeon HD5670 GPU using the latest Catalyst drivers. Hooked up using HDMI to a Yamaha receiver which feeds my TV via HDMI. I'm running Windows 8. Before upgrading to Win 8, I was running Win 7 and a Radeon HD3850 GPU, and I was having the exact same problems with that setup, so I'm guessing neither one has got to do with Win8 or the GPU I'm currently using.

Any input welcome ...
Am I the only one experiencing lip sync issues? Hardly ...
(2013-01-25, 22:21)hagur Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

2. General stuttering of the GUI and playback after some time

I leave my HTPC on all the time. It does not sleep/hibernate or stand by. I only turn off the TV when the HTPC is not in use. After a while (few days or so) XBMC starts to lag and navigating the GUI stutters. It's not much but clearly noticable. It's like the FPS has dropped to 15-20FPS - it's no longer silky smooth as it should be. Shutting down XBMC and starting it up again fixes this issue. Any ideas?

Don't hold your breath. This has been an ongoing issue for probably 2-3 years. The devs are more concerned with adding features than fixing this. The lag isn't just limited to the menus, the video playback is also affected. I recommend you automate an easy restart of xbmc hotkeyed to a button on your remote as you'll be using it daily.
I simply don't get it... much simpler applications handling it quite well. you will never find an issue playing mkv file directly in media player on your 60hz configured monitor. no stuttering/lipsync issues etc.

this is way more important then adding new scraper.