Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot add SSH media source on ipad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
simply put I can add a ssh media source to XBMC I downloaded for windows but when i try to add the same source on the ipad it says it cannot connect. its driving me mad, no firewalls active.
using freesshd, and set authentication to password only. included a max number of connections and idle timeout. i really don't know what to do now. all help is much appreciated. i also checked the log in freesshd and it seems that the ipad doesn't even try to connect as no entries from it.
what i dont understand is if i can connect using XBMC on PC but using the same details it refuses to connect using the iPad. I've tried uninstalling XBMC and reinstalling.
a bit more detail about my setup: all the media is held on pc turned simple file server,OS xp (until i can definitively decide what I'm gonna use this pc for) hosting files and running freesshd only, firewall off for troubleshooting. XBMC is only installed on the iPad, eventually I want to be able to access the server from outside the router but seem to be getting stuck at this first hurdle.

ipad2 IOS: 5.1.1
xbmc: v11.0-0

log @ http://pastebin.com/BfThRgRF