Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV shows and Frodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been testing Frodo (RC2 and RC3) on my PC (before using it on HTPC clients), and while I like many of the changes from Eden (Which is what is on the HTPCs), there is one thing that is keeping me from going to Frodo, and that is the TV shows folder. With Eden, I can can have a TV shows folder on the main window and select it from there (under the videos selection). I have been looking all over the Frodo menus and settings, along with some searching on here and can't find a way to enable this.

I'm also thinking that this is what is causing my TV Shows folder to be scraped when I scan for new content of the drive that my TV shows folder is on. This drive has a number of movies, on the drive, not in their own folder, and a TV Shows folder grouped with the movies. This doesn't seem to be an issue with Eden. I also don't recall this being an issue with Frodo (RC2) when I was using The MovieDB scraper. I have only noticed this issue after switching to The Universal Scraper.

I have noticed that "Hide TV Shows" is greyed out in the Skin settings.

Is this something that will be changed in the final build (or RC4), or am I missing something?

Thanks.
If you don't see a "TV shows" main menu option and the "Hide TV shows" option is greyed-out, that means you don't have TV shows in your video library.
I do have TV shows, about 400 GBs of TV shows.

Eden has no issue seeing my TV shows, Frodo can not see them as TV Shows. Though I did just discover that my seasons of "M*A*S*H" seem to not be listed in the TV Shows folder, but are visible when I go into the files menu, on my HT-PC running EDEN, I need to resolve that. I think I discovered the issue with the loss of M*A*S*H, I will know in a few minutes.

When they do get scraped, the titles get changed to some other title (to a movie title it seems, some domestic and some foreign), and get added multiple times to the Movie Library, all under the same title.
Frodo issue solved, It seems that the scraper was set to Universal Scraper, for some reason.
(2013-01-27, 00:50)Six_Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]I do have TV shows, about 400 GBs of TV shows.
That's 400 GB of TV show files that exist on your drive and that can be seen via the Videos > Files view. That's not necessarily synonymous with having all these shows in your library.

(2013-01-27, 01:01)Six_Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Frodo issue solved, It seems that the scraper was set to Universal Scraper, for some reason.
Yep, that would explain why you had no TV shows in your library. Glad you got it sorted in the end.
This appears to be a change (possible issue) going from Eden to Frodo.

In Eden, when I set a scraper to use with a file location, it stays that way.

I.E. the TV shows folder that is currently on one of my Movies drives (Until I can afford to get another HDD dedicated to TV shows), when set to use the TVdb scraper it stays that way.

In Frodo, it seems that when I change a scraper to use for updating the movies library, it either changes the scraper globally, or because my TV Shows folder is inside one of my Movies drives, it changes the scraper because of that. I haven't done enough testing yet to determine the cause of the scraper change and the loss of TV Shows folder or option in the main window.
(2013-01-27, 01:13)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-27, 00:50)Six_Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]I do have TV shows, about 400 GBs of TV shows.
That's 400 GB of TV show files that exist on your drive and that can be seen via the Videos > Files view. That's not necessarily synonymous with having all these shows in your library.

(2013-01-27, 01:01)Six_Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Frodo issue solved, It seems that the scraper was set to Universal Scraper, for some reason.
Yep, that would explain why you had no TV shows in your library. Glad you got it sorted in the end.

I guess "Library" means two different things to you and I. To me "Library" is a collection, regardless of where it may be, or who (or what) may be looking at it.

I'm not aware of any change in behavior between Eden and Frodo in this regard.

Movies and TV shows can share a physical hard drive. You need to make sure you specify a movies scraper for your top-level movies folder on that drive and a TV show scraper for the top-level TV shows folder on that drive. However, if you assign the entire drive to use a movie scraper then all folders on that drive, whether they contain movie or TV content, will be treated as possible movies when scraping.

A "library" is a database of information about your media content, regardless of the physical location of the media files. For example, you can have movie files located on multiple local hard drives and even on a file server and they will all be treated as a single, consolidated entity in the library... you have one library of movies and you don't need to be concerned about looking in your C: drive or E: drive or Z: drive to track down the movie you want to watch. In other words, a library provides a logical rather than a physical view of your media content.
(2013-01-27, 03:12)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not aware of any change in behavior between Eden and Frodo in this regard.

Movies and TV shows can share a physical hard drive. You need to make sure you specify a movies scraper for your top-level movies folder on that drive and a TV show scraper for the top-level TV shows folder on that drive. However, if you assign the entire drive to use a movie scraper then all folders on that drive, whether they contain movie or TV content, will be treated as possible movies when scraping.

This is DEFINITELY functioning in a different way between Frodo RC3 (even RC2) and Eden.

I can assign a movie scraper to the top level movies "folder" (HDD, open that HDD and there's the movies) I have a TV Shows folder within that drive, that I have assigned a TV scraper to using EDEN, and it stays that way, even when updating the library using the movies scraper.

I have tested this personally using Eden on 5 different devices, my current HTPC, two of my laptops, one that I used for a while as a dedicated HT-PC, my girlfriend's Laptop, and my main PC/server. I have installed Frodo on my main PC/server to test. Frodo is the only one that changes the media content type when scanning for new files a level above the TV Shows folder.

It seems that this functionality has changed yet again, in the final Frodo release, but for the better.

I just downloaded and installed Frodo Final (I didn't un-install RC2), and now when I scan the drive that has my TV shows folder within, it scans all of the movies as movies, and then the TV shows folder as TV shows, without needing to scan that folder separately, kind neat.

It looks like I'll be installing Frodo on my HTPC soon. Big Grin