Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I have XBMC on my PC and on my Android Tablet is there a way to link them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
and view tv/movies from my MAIN XBMC to my tablets XMBC??
you could share ur library to both instances using sql. Assu,iming u have a capable nas or always on pc and identical versions of xbmc.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...nced_notes
I'm in a similar position (sorry if I'm not supposed to post here!). Except I've got an ipad and a windows vista both with xbmc. I mainly want to watch movies on my tv - so mirroring with xbmc from ipad to apple tv (I don't want to jailbreak apple tv). But most of my stuff is on an external hardrive. My external Hardrive won't work on my ipad, so how can I watch movies via external harddrive - can I add a source via windows to the D drive?
I'm a novice, so this whole sql seems over my head. I'm a little unsure how to set that up and link the two libraries that way. Is there another way or is that the only way?
Not exactly what both of you are after but sounds to me like using the UPnP sharing that XBMC now has would work well, at least for aliciageeg. That way anything you have on your main xbmc that has the external hard drive can be viewed on any other xbmc device that's on the same network.
Thanks bnevets27, I tried doing that but I can't get my ipad to recognise the UPnP source - it comes up blank. Works fine from the windows. I might have to do the Sql??
Share your video files via a supported networking protocol like smb/cifs or nfs.
Hi Nickr, I can easily get access to files on the main harddrive via smb but I can't figure out the exactly pathway or can't recognise the external harddrive via smb. Is there a manual address I should try when using smb? I've tried putting the D drive into it but the pathway was wrong.
Have you shared the external hard drive in windows?