Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies not scraping (Log attached)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

Having an issue with my movies not scraping, even though my TV shows scrape just fine. I'm using 11.0 on Windows 7. I was using TMDB for scraping until that came up as broken, now I'm using the Universal scraper. My movies stopped scraping around the time that I made this switch, but I'm not 100% positive that this was the cause or the exact moment it stopped working. I have changed absolutely nothing outside of XBMC as far as where my movies are stored, how they're labeled, etc; the problem is occurring in XBMC. When I update my library, the status bar pops up and shows "Downloading TV Show Information- Scanning for new content" then "Compressing database..." then the status bar disappears. There is no mention of scraping movies or even attempting to. Hopefully the log below will reveal why that is. FYI- I am fairly new to XBMC. Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29486
I am getting the same issue with some files, using Eden 11.0, Win 7 64-bit, and Frodo RC3, Win 7 64-bit. Though there are other scraping issues I have found with Frodo.

I was using the MovieDB scraper up until a couple days ago, looking for a file naming conventions that was the possible cause of the problem and nothing I did would get these movies to scrape with proper titles. Sure I could edit the titles after the fact, but that could be a lot of work when I set-up a new HTPC and would rather reduce that work as much as possible. There are still a few files that I need to edit the title for at this point. I will state that in some cases, I was able to solve scraping issues with file renaming, but some required more work.

What I have found as the best compromise so far is using the Universal Scraper, but set the "Get Title From" to themoviedb.org. Leaving it set to IMDB.com seemed to come up with some rather odd title renaming, on movies that were not even close to the actual content.
My issue is quite different. My movies aren't even being added, whereas yours are being added, albeit not perfectly. Try adding the year of the movie though, that usually helps for me.
(2013-01-28, 00:01)BigUncleLJ Wrote: [ -> ]My issue is quite different. My movies aren't even being added, whereas yours are being added, albeit not perfectly. Try adding the year of the movie though, that usually helps for me.

I guess I wasn't clear enough.

The issue was and in some cases still is not adding the files to my library.

The best solution I have been able to come up with is one that will scrape most of the files, though some it doesn't scrape correctly, using the Universal scraper and the settings I have set.

I.E.:
When I was using themoviedb.org scraper, I could not add Death Race 3 (AKA: Death Race Inferno), just would not get added period (Although after watching it not a great loss. lol) Using the Universal scraper, but setting the Get Titles From option to themoviedb.org adds it to the library, and correctly. I plan to plan around with it a bit more and see if this small issue can be resolved.

About that year thing, 99% of my movies have the year of release in the file name, the only ones that don't are the ones that needed to have it removed to scrape properly. It didn't make sense to me when it worked and it still doesn't.
I didn't see this thread when I posted up the same problem earlier this evening. Just added a bunch of new movies to my server and no matter what I do I cannot get xbmc to pick them up. Just does a quick scan and behaves like nothing new is there.
I've tried changing the configurations in the scraper and that does not work, but thanks for trying to help. Even when I've had issues in the past with the scrapers acting up, the status bar still shows that the scraper is at least TRYING to scrape the movies. Right now it appears to just be skipping that step entirely and going right to TV shows.
@jj0076-- This thread is relatively new, however I've posted this same problem in other threads before and never found an answer. Your problem appears to be exactly the same as mine though. Try posting a log so that when the right, experienced user opens this up he'll have a few examples to work off of. Hopefully this thread will be the one that finally solves this for us all.
There's a link to a log in my post so I'm hoping we can get a fix...
Log is here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30720
(2013-01-28, 00:30)Six_Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-28, 00:01)BigUncleLJ Wrote: [ -> ]My issue is quite different. My movies aren't even being added, whereas yours are being added, albeit not perfectly. Try adding the year of the movie though, that usually helps for me.

When I was using themoviedb.org scraper, I could not add Death Race 3 (AKA: Death Race Inferno),
Did you have a colon in the filename? It is listed as Death Race: Inferno on themoviedb.org. http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/156717-d...ce-inferno

However XBMC hates colons in the filename. Call the file Death Race Inferno.mkv (no colon).

Further, IMDB thinks this is a 2012 movie, themoviedb.org thinks it is 2013. If you have the year in the filename, make it 2013.
Windows (7) does not allow colons in file names, so no, there was no colon.

I tried all sorts of variations of the name, none worked using themoviedb.org scraper, but the universalscraper picked up the movie without issue, even when pointed themoviedb.org as part of the settings.

This is the full file name I am currently using: Death Race Inferno (2012) 720p.mkv
Wrong year is the problem.
But it seems to be the correct year, since it now scraps fine, and is the actual release date. Wink
read my previous post. the correct year is 2013.
My Internet is currently down at home due to some engineering work and this has made me think about this problem in a different way.

With no internet when I try to updat my library I get an error message telling me "could not download information, could not connect to remote server".

This made me think, why does xbmc even need an internet connection? All of my movie folders have a .nfo file and all of the artwork needed is in the folder. Is there no way to just get xbmc to use this and not spend time trying to scrape for me? I've already done my scraping in ember at the point that I added the movie to my server.

Am I missing something in the setup or perhaps there is a way to use the advanced setting file? I feel like since all my information and art is there that I should be able to update my movie library perfectly well offline. Can someone tell me if this can be done please?

Thanks.
@BigUncleLJ did you get this fixed? I solved it recently on my box and it turned out not to be related to xbmc after all !!
(2013-02-19, 15:00)jj0076 Wrote: [ -> ]@BigUncleLJ did you get this fixed? I solved it recently on my box and it turned out not to be related to xbmc after all !!

What did you do to fix the problem?

(2013-02-19, 15:00)jj0076 Wrote: [ -> ]@BigUncleLJ did you get this fixed? I solved it recently on my box and it turned out not to be related to xbmc after all !!

What did you do to fix the problem?