Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: using external players in android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm wanting to try using an external player with XBMC since it's a tad resource intensive. I found some info on it at this link: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players which essentially says to edit the playercorefactory.xml file. I found the directory it's supposed to be in (\userdata\), but I don't see the playercorefactory.xml file. am I supposed to create one? or is there an easier way to do this? I could try working with the example from the link I posted but I'm not really familiar with this stuff. I'd like to play content from XMBC using MX player.
This was only recently added on Android. You'll need a master (Frodo+1) nightly built after Jan 23, 2013. Below is a playercorefactory.xml file setup for a variety of players on Android with defaults set to MX Player Free. Note MX Player does not support SMB shares at this time.

https://nuskunetworks.box.com/s/wzzbunuqew9rh3ospczj
(2013-01-29, 01:20)kemonine96 Wrote: [ -> ]This was only recently added on Android. You'll need a master (Frodo+1) nightly built after Jan 23, 2013. Below is a playercorefactory.xml file setup for a variety of players on Android with defaults set to MX Player Free. Note MX Player does not support SMB shares at this time.

awesome! thanks!

so I put this in the \userdata\ folder right?

edit- worked like a charm. thanks again!
(2013-01-29, 01:20)kemonine96 Wrote: [ -> ]This was only recently added on Android. You'll need a master (Frodo+1) nightly built after Jan 23, 2013. Below is a playercorefactory.xml file setup for a variety of players on Android with defaults set to MX Player Free. Note MX Player does not support SMB shares at this time.

Will we have to do this on tegra 3 devices, OUYA?
(2013-01-29, 03:22)lartomar2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Will we have to do this on tegra 3 devices, OUYA?

No, this is not a default configuration of XBMC.
Hi, Im new to XBMZ. I've downloaded the playercorefactory.xml file and put it in \userdata\ but MX player still does not launch out of XBMC. I am on a Minix Neo G4. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Do you need to root your device or anything for this to work?

I downloaded the playercorefactory.xml file and i do get the option to play using and when I select a player which i have installed i just get the press ok when playback has finished dialogue box. I did not have a chance to look at the log as was messing about late last night.

This is on a Galaxy note 2 10.0,N8010
is there a way you can swap players in xbmc?
Can any one please confirm me if this work on your side. I'm having problem play following movies from the following addon on my Jynxbox Android HD. Works great on Windows 7.

I'm getting "Sorry, this video cannot be played". I have tried MX Player free and Pro version with different playercorefactory.xml file. I have ffmpeg codec installed. After doing lot of search I made few differents playercorefactory.xml file and tested and now I don't see "Sorry, this video cannot be played" but
BUT it’s says "Buffering...0%" and its take time to increase to 1% (about 3 mins). I can play other HD video without any issue (no buffering). Maybe the movie file extension is different? Please help me.

If you want to try, here is it:
1) Download the Repo "repository.googlecode.apple-tv2-xbmc(AJ addon).zip"
2) Install the "repository.googlecode.apple-tv2-xbmc(AJ addon).zip" repo from XBMC > Settings > Add-Ons > Install from zip
4) Go to Settings > Add-ons > Get add-ons > Video add-ons > aj addons:
--> Service > enable "Playit"
--> Video add-ons > Enable "Filmi BY NATURE"

5) Go to Videos > Add-ons > Select "Filmi BY NATURE" and navigate to Filmi BY NATURE > Movie > HD MOVIES: Try to play the following movie Wanted or other movie if you want.

6) Please post the result