Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add Source not working with MySQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pretty new to xbmc and still learning the ins and outs of the system. I started out using it as stand alone software and added roughly 15 movies without any problems.

I made the decision to change over to a MySQL installation and started fresh. Now when I add a source, using any of the scrapers, no movies are found. When I check the content settings for the the source, the content type and scraper I selected are gone and it's set to none. It doesn't matter how many times I set it, it always finds nothing and comes back set to none.

My movies are organized in the recommended structure with "Kids Movies" as the source:

Kids Movies/Megamind (2010)/Megamind (2010).mkv
Kids Movies/Toy Story 2 (1999)/Toy Story 2 (1999).mkv

My debug log can be viewed at http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31057

Thank you for any help you can provide.
I am having the exact same issue, I had all my libraries set up correctly in v11 with a MySQL backend, upgraded to v12 today and all my settings have been retained and all my videos can still be found under files, but when I try to set content, the setting never stays.
So it turns out upgrading to v12 seems to have fixed the problem for me. That was a pleasant suprise.
Ensure that you are setting the sources as SMB paths whether they are local drives or not.
I'm having this exact same problem, with both TV files and Movie files. All my sources are set as SMB paths. This worked fine until I upgraded to Frodo.
The Debug Log tells all.
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31177

It looks like there's some issue with my database. Which is odd, since it was working fine in Eden, and, as far as I know, all of my machines have access to the MySQL database.
Drop your v75 database and try again. The error suggests that this is not the first update run, so check the Debug Log during the update run that actually occurs.

Note that the <name> tag has been deprecated in advancedsettings.xml - I believe it will still be used, but is not to be relied on.
How do I drop my "v75" database?
There's a MySQL command line utility. You basically type in "DROP databasenamehere75", IIRC
if you are not comfortable with the CLI install a utility (like HeidiSQL) and use the GUI to manipulate the database, including dropping databases.
I dropped my newer DBs last night, will attempt to try again today. I will let you all know how it goes. (all of my shares were SMB as well)