Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems with music compilations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I have following problem with the Frodo Release and music compilations.
Every song of a compilation is separatly listed in XBMCs album view.

Here is my setup.

- Mac Mini
- OSX 10.8.2
- Frodo Release

Normally i tag my mp3 music files with 'media rage' and 'the tagger'. When
i tag a charts album i will only select the compilation switch and leave the
album artist field blank.

Now - every song of a ten song chart album has his own entry in XBMCs
album view.

Can someone please give me a tipp.

Thanx in advance!
Efty
You need to supply 2 example files that allow the issue to be reproduced.
@jmarshall

Thanx for your quick reply.Where should i upload these example files!? Or can i send you a pm?

Your best bet is to open a ticket on trac and attach there - that way a bunch of devs get access to the tracks for testing.
@jmarshall

5 min. ago i created a trac ticket and uploaded 2 sample song. HERE is the ticket link.

I hope this helps...

Efty
Hey all,

I think I may add something interesting to that 'bug'.

As You may know there are different versions of ID3 tags. A mp3 may hold two Id3 tags (one v1.* and another v2.*) at the same time. It seems to me that when a song is read by XBMC it reads both versions. Unfortunately, ID3 tags v1.* do not allow for a compilation-attribute, yet v2.* do. So, when You add that info in Media library / players like e.g. iTunes, You only add it to ID3 v2.* tags. (AFAIK, iTunes does not write to the ID3 tag v1. at all).

I suppose XBMC reads both tags (when present) and mixes them. Therefore compilation attributes may be recognized, but may still be overwritten by the artist info in the ID3 tag v1.*, which in turn leads to a albums with a single track, where the album is a combination of the compilation and the song artist.

Would by nice, if someone could fix that!

@efty.edge
Did You check Your above files for ID3 tags v1.*?
By the help of kid3 I was able to remove the version 1 of those tracks that appear as described above, i.e. not as compilation.

After having deleted everything from my music library, I re-imported the above files. And still, the behavior is the same: Although the files stored in the imported folder seem to adhere to the documentation in the wink (link), each track is displayed as if it was from an album by the track artist.

Arghh... Angry