Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DC-DC Board on MS-Tech MC-80BL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! Need some help in here!

Anyone knows what is the maximum input that the board coming whit this case can handle?

It comes with a 60W power supply! It is just the power brick correct?

Can it handle a power brick with 12V and 10A?

Thanks
Should be fine, but why not use the original power supply?
(2013-01-29, 22:12)R3mus Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! Need some help in here!

Anyone knows what is the maximum input that the board coming whit this case can handle?

It comes with a 60W power supply! It is just the power brick correct?

Can it handle a power brick with 12V and 10A?

Thanks

The standard OEM configuration for that case is a 120W DC powerboard and 84W AC adapter. If you can post the model number for the powerboard I can tell you for sure.
You can put in a 90A brick, the PSU will only pull the amps it needs.
bobo1on1, my current system is a A6-5400K wich is 65W!

Dougie Fresh and bobo1on1, according to MS-TECH it comes with "externem 60 Watt Netzteil".

So I would need another power brick for my system correct?

I can't post the powerboard number because I just wondering if I buy this case or not!

Thanks
(2013-01-30, 14:46)R3mus Wrote: [ -> ]bobo1on1, my current system is a A6-5400K wich is 65W!

Dougie Fresh and bobo1on1, according to MS-TECH it comes with "externem 60 Watt Netzteil".

So I would need another power brick for my system correct?

I can't post the powerboard number because I just wondering if I buy this case or not!

Thanks

All they've repeated back to you is what you already know -- that it has an external 60W adapter. The A6-5400K just viewing the BIOS call pull 100W. The ones I get have a 120W powerboard and 84W AC adapter but they might get something different. It's strange they cannot answer your question.

(2013-01-30, 02:40)hick Wrote: [ -> ]You can put in a 90A brick, the PSU will only pull the amps it needs.

That's true, however if you have a short somewhere the cables and connectors will explode, so use a power supply that's not higher than the rated current of the connector and cables.