Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: USB drive for content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum, so if not please point me to the right place. First I have several Atv2's running Eden and all works fine pulling iso's from file server at home. But one of these atv2's is in our second home in the mountains. I know you can't attach a flash drive to the unit directly for my library. To date I have been loading movies we want to watch for that visit on flash drive and then when we get there, plugging it into an old laptop which is on the cabin network and shared. Works fine, but the laptop recently died and I don't want to replace it. Do they make some sort of small device that just has a RG6 and a USB port that stays on the network and is shared. No extra computer, monitor, keyboard or anything. Just something I can plus the USB drive into and xbmc sees the shared device?

Thanks for the help in advance
If you're willing to hack it, a PogoPlug is a great USB file server for about $20.