Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music goes straight to artists submenu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a problem with the music menu. Whenever I select music from the home menu when in library mode, I get taken straight to the artists submenu. I have tried all sorts of remedies but can't seem to stop it doing this.

This happened in Eden and now happens in Frodo, despite a completely fresh install and deleting all my userdata. Why don't I get taken to the library main menu?

Incidentally, when I went to settings/skin settings/menu, and looked at the menu options for the music submenu, artists isn't listed (I was going to see if turning it off helped the situation).

Can anyone help?

EDIT: just to be clear, XBMC is not remembering my 'previous position', as I never browse artists. I usually use recently added items or genres. Additionally, this doesn't happen with the Confluence skin.
Okay, for anyone else having the same problem, I have solved it:

Go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.transparency\720p

Open "Includes_Home.xml"

Press CTRL+F to search for "ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary)"

When you find the entry, make sure it says "ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary)</onclick>"

You are done.

Mine had "ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Artists,return)</onclick>", so clearly the entry 'artists' is what was telling XBMC to go to artists.

Cool thanks for this. I can use your suggestion to go straight to Album view which is what i preferre. Never had a problem with Eden this has only raised its head on updating to Frodo for me
Just noticed this has been covered in transparency v5 frodo thread
Ah, thanks for the heads up. It made interesting reading.