Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frame rate drops - Closed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I've noticed that the frame rate of a concert drops.

Here is the log with two tests, first concert (Adele) ok and second concert (A. Bocelli) ko, frame rate drops.

I've tried without hardware acceleration, same point.

The file info.

Thanks
Nemrod
Please deactivate the system->video->playback->"adjust display refreshrate" or what its called. It looks like it sets your screen to 24hz even if this is 30fps material.
(2013-01-30, 17:18)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Please deactivate the system->video->playback->"adjust display refreshrate" or what its called. It looks like it sets your screen to 24hz even if this is 30fps material.

Thanks for your answer.

The setting is already deactivated :

Nemrod
Can i do something to help ?

Thanks
Nemrod
Hi,

Any idea ?

Thanks
Nemrod
Hi,

Another case with a new show.

Thanks
Nemrod
Hi,

Did i forget something, for instance to provide some data, to get help ?

Thanks
Nemrod
Hi,

Does someone can help me please ?

Thanks
Nemrod
EDIT: whatever, just try to be clearer next time.
Second time we met, same feeling, please don't consider you as we and don't feel necessary to participate if you haven't a thing to say Angel

Warm regards
Nemrod
@Nemrod:
Also disable Sync Playack to Display, as this only makes sense when the "real Refreshrate" divides without a rest through the fps.
Make sure in System -> Video -> Video Hardware, that you did not force your Monitor Output to 24.0 hz - as playing 30 fps on 24.0 hz is not clever. Set it back to 60hz there and retry.
(2013-03-18, 21:59)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: whatever, just try to be clearer next time.

To be honest i think i'm clear but, of course it is my opinion & only my opinion so let me remind you the history :
1. I have a problem with some video : "I've noticed that the frame rate of a concert drops."
2. I post it with logs & file info on the Mac OS X support section
3. Memphiz help me suggesting to deactivate an option : "Please deactivate the system->video->playback->"adjust display refreshrate""
4. I answered him and say that this option is already deactivated

Since when i came back 5 time and another exemple, wich means of course another log.

So, honestly i don't see why i'm not clear. If so let me sugget you to explain, to detail instead of making fun of me Wink

Indeed i'll do everything i can to be clear as it's the only solution i have to solve my problem.

Bye
Nemrod

(2013-03-18, 22:12)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]@Nemrod:
Also disable Sync Playack to Display, as this only makes sense when the "real Refreshrate" divides without a rest through the fps.
Make sure in System -> Video -> Video Hardware, that you did not force your Monitor Output to 24.0 hz - as playing 30 fps on 24.0 hz is not clever. Set it back to 60hz there and retry.

Thank you for your suggestion, i'm gonna try it Blush
Any updates?
Hi,

(2013-03-18, 22:12)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Also disable Sync Playack to Display, as this only makes sense when the "real Refreshrate" divides without a rest through the fps.

Regarding your first point, Sync to Display is already deactivated.

(2013-03-18, 22:12)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure in System -> Video -> Video Hardware, that you did not force your Monitor Output to 24.0 hz - as playing 30 fps on 24.0 hz is not clever. Set it back to 60hz there and retry.

Regarding your second point, i didn't find it on the System -> Video :

Thanks
Nemrod
No you have to change it in OSX display preferences. Most common practise is to set it to highest refresh rate available and let XBMC do the refresh rate switching as is needed.
Pages: 1 2