Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No nfo loaded when using "Video Folder" under Custom Type
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been looking for a way to display a specific fnart and poster for each episode of a series.

Deano316 stumbled across taking one of the "custom" homepage entire, and choosing the type "video folder". this actually does display individual fanart and posters for each episode (if each episode is in it's own folder, and a poster.jpg/fanart.jpg reside there with it).... however it does not read the nfo file. Each episode has blank nfo and no name, and if you hit the info key, it shows the plot for the tvshow.nfo file back in the root folder. Presumably this is because it is simply scanning for video files, and not indexed shows w/ nfo files.

Is there anyway to "marry" the behavior of adding a video folder, which gives each folder it's own fanart and poster, and that of adding a tvshow, which formats it in series format and uses nfo files?

If not, could it possibly be a feature request? thanks for reading,

eXo
Skins cannot show info from custom nfo files. This should be a XBMC feature request.
Ok. So what exactly am I going to request from them? Give video folder views the ability to display nfo files? I'm just trying to make sure I request the right thing here, so it doesn't get tied up in semantics.
How I read your post is that you want XBMC to fill infolabels on the fly without adding it to the library so you can have the info from custom nfo files show up in files mode on a folder with no content type set. (this will be pointless btw, because all skins use content type to determine what info to show)
In anycase, my point was that skins have no control over the content in the infolabels. We dont even load the fanart and folder.jpg with a hack in files mode, that is also XBMC core functionality.
Perhaps it may be an idea to add a 'custom' content type to xbmc core for everything that falls outside the norm such as home movies, sports etc. basically anything that can't be scraped automatically. That would allow it to be kept separate from TV and movies, but still have some of the functionality. Just an idea.