Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Picture Slideshow Screensaver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to slideshow all images on a drive, random.

When I set the root of the drive, fanart is being played, even though that root has images inside it. (Root of a drive is not supported?)
When I set a subfolder with images, the images are being played. = OK
When I set a empty subfolder, fanart is being played. = Default behaviour?

This is differend then previous versions of XBMC, and it breaks my use case.
Any advice?
@finalbeta - put all your images in a folder a root level.

this screensaver addon will show fanart if it has a problem showing what you requested it to.
(2013-03-28, 17:17)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]also,

it would be great to use an images folder within my local dropbox folder (and be able to add images once the screensaver has kicked in):

is there any way of making this screensaver slideshow check for new images during a slideshow?

reason i ask is because i want to set up my dads xbmc screensaver to use his local dropbox folder. that way i can send any photo up to dropbox at anytime, and it will sync with his computers local dropbox folder and therefore the new photo will be included in his screensaver!

only problem is the last step. the screensaver doesnt check for new images whilst is running, it seems to only check for new images after its been stopped and started again.

i think being able to add photo's to yours or your relatives xbmc screensaver would be a really popular feature. i could be at the zoo and snap a great picture of my kids and it would appear on their grandparents tv screen. perhaps the simplest way would be to add a tick box in the settings that makes the screensaver restart itself every 5 minutes or so?

ronie,

erm, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeee Big Grin pretty pretty please?

is there anyway you can get the screensaver to restart itself every ten minutes?

or add an optional setting so that users can choose whether they want it to restart every ten minutes?

i think this would be a massive addition to xbmc, to have a screensaver that was able to keep up with changes to an image folder, (because then we can point it to the local dropbox folder) and grandparents around the globe would love xbmc! live pictures of their childrens children frolicking in the sunshine. think of the joy you could bring to their frail little hearts.

it would then be a live photo frame showing pictures taken half way around the world within seconds!

ronie, you have the chance to make the world a happier place!
(2013-04-02, 00:36)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-28, 17:17)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]also,

it would be great to use an images folder within my local dropbox folder (and be able to add images once the screensaver has kicked in):

is there any way of making this screensaver slideshow check for new images during a slideshow?

reason i ask is because i want to set up my dads xbmc screensaver to use his local dropbox folder. that way i can send any photo up to dropbox at anytime, and it will sync with his computers local dropbox folder and therefore the new photo will be included in his screensaver!

only problem is the last step. the screensaver doesnt check for new images whilst is running, it seems to only check for new images after its been stopped and started again.

i think being able to add photo's to yours or your relatives xbmc screensaver would be a really popular feature. i could be at the zoo and snap a great picture of my kids and it would appear on their grandparents tv screen. perhaps the simplest way would be to add a tick box in the settings that makes the screensaver restart itself every 5 minutes or so?

ronie,

erm, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeee Big Grin pretty pretty please?

is there anyway you can get the screensaver to restart itself every ten minutes?

or add an optional setting so that users can choose whether they want it to restart every ten minutes?

i think this would be a massive addition to xbmc, to have a screensaver that was able to keep up with changes to an image folder, (because then we can point it to the local dropbox folder) and grandparents around the globe would love xbmc! live pictures of their childrens children frolicking in the sunshine. think of the joy you could bring to their frail little hearts.

it would then be a live photo frame showing pictures taken half way around the world within seconds!

ronie, you have the chance to make the world a happier place!

+1
(2013-04-01, 19:19)fredlox Wrote: [ -> ]Yes thank you, it's works !

Edit : I spoke to fast, after a reboot the same problem.

I put the photos in this directory : /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.quartz/photoframe/

Is it good ?

Hi!

I move the photos to this directory /storage/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/photoframe and it's work, no cache.

Thank you for the help
Someone suggested that I put all my images in one folder to solve my problem.

The previous slideshow plugin allowed my to just select the root of the images drive, and It would randomly play images from my entire collection.
I have a hard time believing that is no longer supposed to work.
(2013-04-05, 22:27)finalbeta Wrote: [ -> ]Someone suggested that I put all my images in one folder to solve my problem.

The previous slideshow plugin allowed my to just select the root of the images drive, and It would randomly play images from my entire collection.
I have a hard time believing that is no longer supposed to work.

it's a bug in xbmc frodo.
it's been fixed a few days ago, so in nightly builds it should work fine.
You are correct, it works fine in the nightly build. Thank you.
A question here: I've choosen to show the exif date. I'm quite sure it was originally formatted in a good way (yyyy-mm-dd), but I've noticed recently that it's completely wrong (I think it's dd-mm-yyyy). Was this change made on purpose? It's really confusing...

/Daniel
(2013-04-09, 10:20)Daniel Malmgren Wrote: [ -> ]A question here: I've choosen to show the exif date. I'm quite sure it was originally formatted in a good way (yyyy-mm-dd), but I've noticed recently that it's completely wrong (I think it's dd-mm-yyyy). Was this change made on purpose? It's really confusing...

/Daniel

nothing recently changed in the script, but yes, it localizes the date.

could be you've changed the regional settings in xbmc
as that's what the script uses to get your local date format.
(2013-04-10, 00:05)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-09, 10:20)Daniel Malmgren Wrote: [ -> ]A question here: I've choosen to show the exif date. I'm quite sure it was originally formatted in a good way (yyyy-mm-dd), but I've noticed recently that it's completely wrong (I think it's dd-mm-yyyy). Was this change made on purpose? It's really confusing...

/Daniel

No, my settings are Swedish and Sweden, haven't changed them since I set my htpc up about four years ago. And in Sweden we normally use yyyy-mm-dd. But I guess it means that the fault is not withing the screensaver but somewhere in xbmc itself...

/Daniel
(2013-04-10, 21:34)Daniel Malmgren Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-10, 00:05)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]

/Daniel

No, my settings are Swedish and Sweden, haven't changed them since I set my htpc up about four years ago. And in Sweden we normally use yyyy-mm-dd. But I guess it means that the fault is not withing the screensaver but somewhere in xbmc itself...

/Daniel

here's how the swedish date format is defined in xbmc:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...nginfo.xml

this is what the slideshow screensaver uses to convert the exif date to a local format.
Can someone please help me prevent slideshow screensaver from asking for a password to deactivate it after it starts up. I use profiles, but only the master is set-up to require a password & only at log-in. No other lock-out preferences are activated & the other screensavers (black & dim) don't require a password to disengage them. Is there some switch I am missing or advanced settings I can add? Checked documentation but can't find anything.
(2013-04-10, 22:51)wmlang Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please help me prevent slideshow screensaver from asking for a password to deactivate it after it starts up. I use profiles, but only the master is set-up to require a password & only at log-in. No other lock-out preferences are activated & the other screensavers (black & dim) don't require a password to disengage them. Is there some switch I am missing or advanced settings I can add? Checked documentation but can't find anything.

uncheck the 'lock programs and script windows' setting in your profile(s).
ronie,
Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I initially thought might be the problem, but all preferences are unlocked.
This also seems confirmed by the profiles.xml which has...
<hasdatabases>true</hasdatabases>
<canwritedatabases>true</canwritedatabases>
<hassources>true</hassources>
<canwritesources>true</canwritesources>
<lockaddonmanager>false</lockaddonmanager>
<locksettings>false</locksettings>
<lockfiles>false</lockfiles>
<lockmusic>false</lockmusic>
<lockvideo>false</lockvideo>
<lockpictures>false</lockpictures>
<lockprograms>false</lockprograms>
<lockmode>1</lockmode>