Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Default audio track?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I'm trying to rip my Blu ray collection in a way that makes the files compatable with as many devices as possible. In my house that's Macs, iPhones, a PS3 and Rapberry Pi running XBMC Frodo.

I'm using MakeMKV and then converting to h.264 mp4 using Handbrake. In the Handbrake audio section, I choose a 6 channel AAC encoding of the highest quality source track (e.g. DTS-MA) for track 1. I then choose a second audio track set to passthrough. The idea was that the AAC track would be the default (for maximum compatability), and I could switch manually over to the passthrough track (e.g. DTS-MA) if I wanted better quality. However, XBMC seems to choose track 2 by default (and stutter a lot as the Pi can't cope with decoding DTS-MA) and I have to manually change to track 1 (AAC) to get it to play properly.

Is there any way I get it to default to track 1? Is there a better way I can achieve compatability with all my devices?
Anyone?
Currently it will chose the audio track which was selected and stored last time you watched this file. Next selection criteria is language, then best audio track which is number of channels iirc. We currently don't select what is best for a particular platform.
Is there any way I can force it to default to track 1, even for new files?