Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Option to adjust volume incrementation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The goal of this feature would be to add a "Volume adjustment rate" option to the system settings. It would adjust the rate volume up/down buttons on keyboards or remotes would raise or lower the volume each button press.

Right now, the volume is only incremented by ~1pt/button press. previously it used a formula with similar results. So adjusting the volume in any noticeable way requires several several button presses. It is nearly impossible to lower the volume quickly.

The new volume adjustment setting may have the following values;
Nudge (the current value), 1%, 2%, 3%... Up to 20%.

At the highest setting, 5 buttons presses would go from mute to full volume. A good default might settle in the 5% range.

Thank you!
what are you using - keyboard or a remotr? Seems like the repeated keypress is broken on your device (normally you just hold the volume button).
(2013-02-01, 09:30)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]what are you using - keyboard or a remotr? Seems like the repeated keypress is broken on your device (normally you just hold the volume button).

I'm using the Zotac Zbox and the remote that came with it. The repeat press does work for the directional arrows when navigating menus. Though I've used other remotes/micro keyboards and had the same issue; Maybe I botched a config value somewhere?
So holding down the volume button doesn't change it continuously? (even with a keyboard?)